Ch 15. Canopus, The Lost Star of The Loss of His Axis

Disclaimer: The Penthouse story and characters are not mine. I'm just a big SeokRona fan who still can't move on from Penthouse. ( ꈍᴗꈍ)

I hope you enjoy this new chapter and as always please forgive grammar mistakes and typos. (^_^)

================================

***

She toyed with the white phone before her, which she had retrieved from Hera Palace. Her recollection drifted back to several days prior.

"Why don't you leave after I bring back your phone from Hera Palace?"

"I can't. I have to leave as soon as possible. My adoptive brother has sent me enough money for me to leave."

"You're going back to the US?"

"Pftt, no way. I don't have anyone there."

"Isn't there your adoptive brother?"

"He also told me to come back. But I don't want to meet my adoptive parents."

"Where are you going then?"

"I don't know... But I'm definitely leaving this city. Maybe to a more secluded area where those bad guys won't find me."

"Yeah, I think it's better if you leave Seoul."

"Whenever you're free, can you visit the kids at the orphanage? You know, like bringing almost expired food and drinks to them. I don't want to abandon them but I have no other choice."

"Don't worry about that…"

"Thank you, Bae Rona. I won't forget your kindness and I'm sorry to trouble you."

"Tch, that's not a problem."

"But maybe you should go after just a few days because I'm afraid Mr. Joo's people are watching the orphanage. And I don't want you to get dragged deeper into my problems."

"Alright. Then what about your phone? Do I still have to retrieve it?"

"I don't need that phone anymore. But if you want to have evidence about Joo Dantae and Cheon Seojin you can take it. So it's up to you."

Upon examining Min Seola's phone, Rona confirmed the veracity of her claims regarding Cheon Seojin's infidelity. Astonishingly, the evidence included a video recording of Ha Eunbyeol's inability to pass her practical exam and, most significantly, proof of Joo Dantae and Cheon Seojin engaging in an extramarital relationship. With this damning information at her disposal, Rona was uncertain about what action she should take next. Her decision to retrieve the phone from Hera Palace now seemed questionable to say the least - especially after meeting with Joo Seokhoon once again.

The chime of the bell signaled the shop's entrance, prompting her to swiftly stash the phone in a nearby drawer. As she rose from her seat and prepared to offer a warm greeting, she was abruptly met with a pair of striking black eyes that immediately sparked recognition within her memory. These orbs belonged to someone whom she had encountered just days prior.

"Hi!" A heavy voice sounded out from the person.

"What did you come here for?" 

Her question was answered with a shrug before walking towards the snack shelf.

Rona's gaze was fixed on him, who appeared to casually select a few packets of snacks and a cup of ready-to-eat ramyeon noodles before sauntering back to the cashier. His demeanor suggested that they were accustomed to each other, as their interactions never seemed unpleasant. However, Rona remained wary and continued to observe him closely instead of tallying his purchases at the cash register.