𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

-ˏˋ we had made love earlier that day ˊˎ

˗ˏˋ꒰ 💌 ꒱

You were standing at the edge of the Starsnatch cliff while holding a metal bird in your hand.

The fatui must think you're super stupid, huh? The moment that strange-looking man bumped into you, it was enough to figure out that he'd planted something on you.

Your vision glowed, and flames erupted from your hands. You watched as the metal bird you once held burnt to a crisp, and the ashes which remained were left as nothing but mere dust being carried along the wind.

"(Y/n)?" You looked behind you to see Cyno, and you walked to him. "Do you need anything?" You asked, and the way you've been acting towards him couldn't help but hurt his feelings a little.

He cleared his throat, and he explained the situation to you. "Collei asked me to take her to Sumeru too, which I agreed to. I was just wondering... if you wanted to come too?" He reluctantly asked.

"Oh, I... I'm doing just fine here in Mond, I don't think there would be any necessary reason for me to return." A part of you felt sorry for him, but you were too afraid to do anything about it.

"Are you sure? If you ever change your mind, I'll be waiting for you." He told you with little hope.

"Yes, I apologize." You walked past him, only looking back once. Cyno watched you leave with a frown, and he quietly sighed.

˗ˏˋ꒰ 💌 ꒱

"Collei's coming back to Sumeru?" You asked.

"Yes, darling. That little cutie came to me earlier, asking me to teach her how to write a letter for Amber." Lisa informed you.

"I see. I'm sure that once Amber sees it, she'll tear up, or maybe even cry." You chuckled while taking some books from the shelf.

"What about you darling, don't you want to go with the scholar to Sumeru too?" Lisa asked with a smile, and you turned to her.

"I've had this conversation already. As much as I want to go, I have some unfinished business in Mondstadt."

"Oh? But I've already got that covered. Go to Sumeru if you want to, cutie." Lisa smirked, and you looked at her confused.

"What do you mean? I have three stacks of papers waiting to be finished. If I don't get to it soon, Mond will turn wild!" You looked at your nearby desk, and you deadpanned seeing how all those papers you were talking about were gone.

"Lisa? What happened to the files?" You asked with suspicion.

"Relax, the Akademiya isn't gonna run out of scholars to send." She showed you a sealed letter, and you looked at her with shock.

"Oh, gosh... Do I really have a choice now?" You asked while trying to hold back a smile.

"I think it's time for you to pack your things. Be a minute late and the scholar would probably be gone already. So you best hurry." Lisa told you, and you ran to her and hugged her.

"Thank you." You murmured, and she hugged you back. "I'll miss you, darling. Make sure to visit for the next festival." She told you with a smile, and you nodded while backing away.

˗ˏˋ꒰ 💌 ꒱

"Let's be on our way," Cyno told Collei.

"Wait!" You shouted, and the two looked at you startled. "Is it still too late to come too?" You awkwardly laughed, and Cyno smiled.

"Of course not. Let me carry your things for you." He took your bags without much thought. You tried to tell him that it was okay, but he insisted anyway.

"Let's go," Cyno told the two of you, and you walked beside Collei to keep her company during the long walk.