𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

-ˏˋ with no strings attached ˊˎ

˗ˏˋ꒰ 💌 ꒱

"I've checked the area already. I'm certain that it'll be safe until we get to Liyue." Cyno placed an apple next to you, and you looked at it.

You were currently at rest while Collei was taking a quick nap under a tree with a blanket you let her borrow. "You didn't have to scout the surroundings by yourself, I know this place better than you do." You took the apple, and you put it inside your bag to eat later.

"But still, thank you." You patted the space next to you, and he sat down. "Remember what I told you? There's always danger lurking in the night. It's my responsibility to make sure that the two of you are safe."

"I may have flunked in the Akademiya once, but I'm capable of fighting for myself and others too. I appreciate the thought, Cyno. I'm happy to know how caring you still are." You gave him a genuine smile, and the way you spoke of his name was alluring to him, it's almost as if it was the only thing he heard you say.

"Cyno?" You noticed how he zoned out for a bit.

There it was again.

He cleared his throat in embarrassment, "Get ready and wake up Collei. It's time to go."

"Oh... alright." You did what he said, and the three of you continued your long walk once again.

˗ˏˋ꒰ 💌 ꒱

"The city of Liyue sure is stunning." You complimented while looking around, and Collei tightly held the hem of your shirt so she wouldn't get separated.

"I got us two rooms. I figured you wouldn't feel comfortable with having another person in the same space. Though I hope you'd be fine with Collei." He handed you one key, and you looked at him with guilt.

"You really didn't have to get two, I'm fine with anything! Plus, aren't the inns expensive..?" You asked.

"Don't worry about the expenses, I'll take care of it." He replied, and you deadpanned.

You noticed that the little kid who was clinging to you was looking at a nearby restaurant, and you smiled. "Well then, we should start unpacking. Let's meet at... Wanmin Restaurant for dinner." You read out the name of the restaurant, and Collei looked at you with a bit of embarrassment.

The kid felt so awkward being with the two of you!

"Alright, I'll see you later." You two bid your goodbyes, and you went to your room with Collei.

"Just how much did he spend..?" You looked around the room with both amazement and shock, and you put down your things.

"Is there anything you'd like to try outside in the meantime, Collei?" You closed the door, and she climbed on the nearest bed. "No." She quietly replied, and you nodded.

With a sigh, you took the remaining time to recollect the past events that happened on your way here.

Cyno.

He had always noticed whenever the atmosphere would go tense, and his one solution for this was telling... funny jokes.

You couldn't admit it, but you probably would've told him to stop if you had the guts to do so.

Oh right, dinner was soon. You should probably wash up for later.

˗ˏˋ꒰ 💌 ꒱

A/N: If there's one thing that I suck at the most, it's ending stories and trying to make Cyno in character. 😟