The Game Project

TW: SA/R4P3

***

The next day, Wendy goes to a job interview.

"Um, so...what position do you want?" The interviewer asks.

"Oh, I was hoping to work at the engineering department." Wendy replies.

"Hmm...I'm sorry, but I don't have any openings." The interviewer replies.

"Is that because I'm black?" Wendy asks.

"No. It's just that we're fully staffed at the moment." The interviewer answers.

"That's okay then." Wendy says. "Thank you for your time."

"Take care." The interviewer says as she leaves the office.

After lunch, Wendy goes home and checks her email. She finds a message from Tommy and opens it.

Your lying scumbag! I hope you die slowly and painfully. Goodbye.

The next day, Wendy goes back to the same company for a second interview.

"Um, so...why did you leave your last job?" The interviewer asks.

"I got fired." Wendy answers.

"Really?" The interviewer asks.

"Yes." Wendy answers.

"Can I ask why?" The interviewer asks.

"My boss was a racist." Wendy answers.

"Wow, that's awful. Why didn't you report him?" The interviewer asks.

"Because he threatened me." Wendy answers.

"And you believe that was sufficient reason for you to be fired?" The interviewer asks.

"Yes." Wendy answers.

"Interesting. Well, thank you for your time." The interviewer says as she leaves the office.

After leaving the office, Wendy goes straight to a lawyer's office and has a restraining order placed against Tom. She also files a lawsuit against him for sexual harassment and discrimination.

Tommy is so afraid that he decides to move in with his parents. He tells his parents about what happened and they comfort him. They eventually let him stay there.

As for Nick, Tommy stays by his side every single day since he moved out.

***

Two weeks later, Tommy is getting ready to go to work when Nick walks through the front door.

"Hi." Nick says to Tommy.

"Hey." Tommy replies.

"How's it going?" Nick asks.

"Pretty good. How's yours?" Tommy asks.

"Fine." Nick answers.

They hug each other for a moment before pulling apart.

"I brought you something." Nick says.

"Okay, let me get changed." Tommy says.

Tommy changes out of his work clothes and into some sweatpants and a t-shirt. He comes back into the living room and sits down on the couch.

"Here it is." Nick says.

Nick hands Tommy a small box wrapped in red paper.

Tommy opens the present and smiles. Inside the box are two rings. One gold and one silver.

"Oh my God! These are beautiful!" Tommy exclaims.

"I thought you might like them." Nick says.

"I love them!" Tommy says.