Chapter V : Is my life really over?

"Are you sure about this Gukie – ah?" A stern voice spoke from the right of the young Alpha as he was lazily scrolling through his phone, already not invested in the conversation that was about to take place.

"Sure, about what Hyung? You need to be a little more specific with your question." Jungkook said as he leaned back in his chair.

"Don't be a smart ass, you know what I am referring to." The man known as Kim Namjoon said as he adjusted his glasses, his gaze fixed on the Alpha.

"Ah! You must be talking about Park Jimin." Jungkook said, snapping his finger at the realization as he continued to scroll on his phone.

Kim Namjoon, Jungkook's "advisor" in a variety of ways felt personally responsible for all the messes that Jungkook liked to stir up. The tall male was used to Jungkook doing as he pleased but this wasn't like his usual antics. Namjoon honestly never expected Jungkook to take an actual mate, especially one that was in some sense considered a public icon.

"Yes, I am talking about Park Jimin, you know the Omega that you will be mating apparently?" Namjoon reminded, crossing his arms.

"Mhm." Jungkook replied as he paused on something and then held his phone up to the other as he tilted his head. "Think this would look cute on Jimin? I feel like he is modest but has expensive taste."

"Jungkook." Namjoon said.

"Would you relax Hyung? I am not going to do anything to him." Jungkook said, looking a little offended that his Hyung ignored his question.

"I am not worried about that. I know you wouldn't do anything to harm him, Jin would have you beheaded. What I am worried about is why you picked him? I mean, you don't even like pop music." Namjoon said as he moved to lean against the desk, his back to Jungkook.

"I like his music, his voice." Jungkook said.

Namjoon's eyes widened a little, glancing over his shoulder at the other.

"Wait, you are serious about this? You actually like him?" Namjoon asked, his face reflecting the shock he felt.

Jungkook closed his eyes and sighed, tilting his head before he flicked his gaze open and at the other with mild annoyance reflected in those chocolate brown gaze.

"I'm always serious about everything I do. How else do you think I maintain my position at the top of the food chain?" Jungkook asked, looking back down to his phone.

"I know Jung – "

"Listen Hyung, no matter how you spin it, I won't change my mind about him. It has to be Jimin, that's the bottom line." Jungkook said, sounding irritable.

"Alright, alright. I just want to make sure you will be okay." Namjoon said with a heavy sigh, shifting to stand up straight as he turned to look at the other.

"I'm always okay." Jungkook said.

"Until you aren't." Namjoon replied.

Jungkook's eyes narrowed as he averted his gaze. He knew that Namjoon had valid reasoning for his worrying. This was out of character for Jungkook but how could he openly tell even his Hyung that he was in love with Jimin. That Jimin was the only person to rile up such feelings and urges. He'd tried to find someone else. Tried to sleep with other Omegas but nothing compared to Jimin. To the feeling of completion that being with the other gave him. Even if he had to force Jimin into his arms, he would if it meant he could have the Omega to himself. Jungkook wasn't prepared to just give up and surrender. He saw it, felt it, last night. He stirred something in Jimin too. If he was patient, mindful, he could maybe get Jimin to fall in love with him. To see what could be in their future – happiness.