Part Three - Chapter Two

( tw: abuse, violence, homophobia, sexism)

-

"Sorry I missed your graduation kid." Hopper spoke from the living room as he tugged his beige button up over his white shirt. Allison had finally been able to revisit the cabin, being granted time with El Friday evening, following her opening shift at Scoops. "It's all good. I know you have a job to do." Allison replied as Eleven sat down beside her at the kitchen table, setting down a couple of magazines. The chief nodded in return, placing his hat atop his head. "Well, you two have fun this evening... thanks for coming over to occupy her." He directed towards the Byers girl, kissing the top of El's head before crossing to the front door. "Anytime." The hazel eyed girl responded with a nod as he neared the front door of the cabin. "Let Joyce know we'll be coming over for movie night tomorrow, will you?"

"Will do." She smiled, and with that, Hopper exited the cabin, locking the door behind him. "Did you bring pictures?" El asked from across the table, her arms crossed on top. Allison smiled to the girl who now had almost shoulder length hair as she passed a box of polaroid's from the previous months. The brown eyed girl began pulling the white squares out, looking at the handful of them.

"You look pretty." She smiled, turning the picture around. It had been the polaroid Joyce took of her in her prom dress. "He makes you happy." El stated as she observed the picture of Billy kissing Allisons cheek, a wide smile splattered across the brunette's face within it. The image of Neil pummeling his son faintly passed through her brain upon hearing his name; "Yeah." She replied, clearing her throat as it cracked.

"You don't sound... sure." Eleven struggled to find the right word, setting the polaroid down. "Well... relationships have many ups and downs. It's not always perfect... though you desperately wish it could be." Allison explained, realizing El didn't quite understand what the brunette was trying to say. "He does make me happy... but some things get in the way of that happiness... like it's working against us, and that happiness." She tried to re-evaluate. "Do you... love him?" El questions with an eyebrow raised.

"I do." Allison responded with no hesitation, though she realized it had never been said before. The younger girl picked up the polaroid's of the brunette's graduation, staring longer at the picture of the four. "What about him?" She questioned, pointing to Steve. "Steve?" Allison inquired, receiving a nod from the brown eyed girl. "What about Steve?"

"You loved him."

"Oh, yeah..."

"You still do?" Eleven asked, shifting in her seat. The Byers girl pulled nail polish out of the backpack she had brought along, unscrewing the cap as she thought of how to respond. Of course she did... but it felt wrong to say. Even when she said it to his face. "You do." Eleven claimed, smiling small. The brunette raised her eyebrow at this; "How do you know?"

"I can just... tell." She affirmed, placing her head on top of her fists. The older girl nodded slowly, wanting to shift the subject. "What about you and Mike? I heard that Hopper finally let him start coming over." A large grin crossed the Hopper girls' face as she pointed to the periwinkle-colored nail polish. "It's good. I have to keep the door open three inches though."

Allison couldn't help but raise her eyebrow again at this as she begun to paint El's nails. "Why, exactly?"

"My dad caught Mike and I kissing... and freaked out. Now the door has to be open."

"Kissing?" Allison smiled at the younger girl, continuing to carefully paint. "Yeah... we kiss the whole time, besides when dad checks on us."

The hazel eyed girl smiles at this, seeing how ecstatic Eleven appears to be. "You really like Mike then?" Allison questions as she begins to paint El's other hand, smearing off the tiny bits of nail polish that would spill over to the skin around her nails. "Yeah, a lot."