8.

Val's POV

I was in potions silently praying that my test results were somewhat acceptable. I was fidgeting with my pen while also drawing on my hand. Snape handed me my paper and gave me a nod. 'Well done Zolotov.'

My mouth hung open as I quickly looked down at my mark. Shut up. 100 percent. 

How in the world..

I look behind me to see Draco give me a smirk. 'Did good?' He mouthed.

I gave him a thumbs up. 

****

Draco's POV

She's so fricking cute. She has giant hoop earrings in and still wearing her bright fluffy socks. Getting her test paper back and knowing she got a great mark was better than anything. I looked down at my paper. A 64. Looking up at the name it said D. M That's after I switched mine with hers.

She deserves a good mark anyways.

'I got a 98.' gargled an extremely irritating voice. Of course. Granger.

Snape interupted her. 'Congratulations to Miss Zolotov for having the highest mark in the class. 100 percent.' 

I see Hermione's mouth hang to the floor as her left eye starts twitching slightly. I start clapping and everyone joins in. 

That's my girl.

*****

Val's POV

I walk upstairs to my room when I see my door has a tie on it. 

Nice one Greengrass. Sighing I go back down the stairs into the common room. The couch looked comfy for tonight. It was so cold down here, but I had no other place to sleep. 

But there was one place..

I softly knock on his door. Footsteps draw closer as the doorknob turns. 'Zolotov?' he mumbles. Draco was shirtless, hair messy, wearing nothing but long pj pants. 

'I'm sorry, can I crash. Daph's got someone over..'

He nods, 'yeah, yeah sure.' and ushers me in.

I sit on his bed awkwardly. 'So how have u been.'

He gives me a smile, 'doing the best i can. You sleep in the bed tonight Val.'

****

Draco's POV

I wake up to the tossing and turning from my bed. I get up from the couch and check the time. Only 2 in the morning. I quietly creep over to her. She was still sleeping but beads of seat were coming down from her forehead, her eyebrows were knitted together and she looked scared. 

I softly tuck her in, in hopes she'll feel better. I look down in shock when I feel her hand grab mine. I get in the blankets with Val as she rests her head on my chest. Stroking her hair softly I hear her whisper. Karla

'Shh It's okay. Val, I'm here.' I whisper back, knowing she can't hear me. Her breathing slows and she starts to fall back into a peaceful sleep. 

****

Val's POV

I wake in with jolt. What the fuck. I was in bed with Draco. On top of him... Surely there's some reasonable explanation. But this. This made me realise, looking at this boy sound asleep infront of me that I am getting way too attached. My heart starts to race as I grab my jumper and run out the door. He's turning into a huge distraction. And I can't have any distractions.

****

Draco's POV

I wake up to the early sunrise and felt the bed was empty. I immediately sit up and look around my room. Empty.. 

Sighing I get out of bed and into my Slytherin robes, heading down for breakfast. Valerie wasn't here. I hope she's okay after her nightmare last night. I was pretty hurt when she left without saying anything.

Blaise nudges me. 'Did you hear that Malfoy?'

'Huh?'

'We were all talking about the party tonight. In the Gryffindor common room. Wanna crash?'

I snicker. 'Why not. Those snobs have pissed me off for too long.'

****

Walking into charms I see Valerie already there. It was only me and her in the classroom, we were both 10 minutes early. Her face was down in her book as she was already writing notes. 

'Hey. Val.' I whisper, trying to get her attention from the row behind her.

She acted like I wasn't even there. What the hell is going on with her. I was so nice to her. Nicer then I've been with anyone my whole life. I immediately have a sinking feeling in my stomach.

Vulnerability. Embarrassment. What if I was too nice to her and she doesn't feel the same. Shit... I should of stuck to no strings attached.

I decided to try again just to be sure. 'Valerie.. hey.'

I could hear her click her fingers and a gush of water got dumped on my face soaking my uniform and my hair. I hear the click of the flower vase being put back down onto a nearby table. I never knew she could do magic without a wand. 

I immediately stand up in shock, 'What the actual fuck Zolotov. What did I ever do to you. You don't pull shit like this.' I walk up to her angrily. 

She looks up at me casually. 'That's where you're wrong Malfoy, I don't need your empathy. Or anything else for the matter.' She diverted her eyes downwards. She looks up at me with the coldest expression. 'I guess you don't know me well enough to know.' She gives me a smile. Not the kind smile from the past few days.. but a downright evil one. 'Better get cleaned up before next period.' Scrunching her nose, she goes back to writing in her book. 

I slam my hand onto her desk. 'Look at me when I say this Zolotov. I'll make your life a living hell.'

She pouts her lips and looks up innocently at me. 'Aww. Go ahead. My life is already a living hell. I would love to see you try and make it worse.' 

I storm out of there drenched. I don't know what the hell happened... But it was fucking insane. That woman is insane. 

God, she is such a Slytherin...

An even better one than me.