Chapter Six

Donghyuck's university team was ahead of their competitors, and he wasn't even surprised. When the team had Jeno, they were always near victory. They needed Mark to win, however, and even if Donghyuck had beef with this guy, he had to admit that his senior was the key to victory.

The match was close to the end, and Donghyuck started wondering how to get away from the offer to go to the restaurant. Even when he was dying to be with his friends, he didn't want Noram to be around them for too long. He felt like the kid would say something stupid!

Speaking of Noram, the boy was already tired and whined that he was hungry. Because of that, Donghyuck wanted to take the kid and run back to the dorm. However, he felt like taking him to the restaurant would be way faster...

They had to leave the arena eventually, but Donghyuck still doubted his decision. He purposely didn't hurry to leave the place as he was sure his friends would attack him with the same question.

"Where is Jaemin?" Donghyuck looked at Renjun, who stood in the hall.

His friend pointed his chin at the field where Jaemin was wiggling his tail at Jeno.

"He's trying to make Jeno come with us."

"What a desperate boy," Donghyuck cooed.

"I'm hungry," Noram repeated, pulling on his papa's sleeve.

"That's okay, kid. We're going to the restaurant right after we leave," Renjun spoke before Donghyuck could.

"If you don't mind," Donghyuck tilted his head, glancing at the kid and then back at Renjun.

"What can we do? The kid's hungry," the friend laughed. "And it's not like we'll talk about super inappropriate subjects. You know us."

"I know, and honestly, I'm scared of you all."

They laughed but had to stop when Jaemin approached them.

"Did you succeed?" Donghyuck asked, genuinely curious.

"Yeah, he said he'll come, but the price of that was letting Mark go too."

"What a fuckity," Renjun slapped his forehead. "I don't want that dick to sit there with us."

Donghyuck cleared his throat. "I thought our words now have a filter."

"Oh, shi— shoot!"

"Anyway, we should go and take the table," Jaemin sighed, obviously agitated. "They'll come after they change and wash up."

🕐

Donghyuck was a bit frightened when staring at the menu. The prices there were higher than his grades. If it was already pretty expensive for one person, Donghyuck feared to count the cost for two.

Noram, however, was already blinded by the tasty-looking meal pictures on the menu and kept changing his mind every three seconds.

"I want a hamburger! Now, I want a gigantic stake!"

"He's talkative," Jaemin, who watched Noram for a while, chuckled. "I was silent when there were strangers around me."

"Kids born after 2010 hit different," Renjun noted with a smirk. "They're braver than us, adults."

Noram wasn't even born in 2010...

"Oh, who's talking," Donghyuck teased. "You're the bravest out of us. I mean, neither of us is ready to fight over stuff physically, except for you."

"Yeah, because you like verbal fights."

"I can't help it. I always win."

"Hey, guys."