Chapter Thirteen

There was a Halloween party at the sports arena. Many guests were there, which was why Donghyuck could easily sneak Noram inside too. The kid didn't have a costume, but it wasn't like Donghyuck had one too. He came there not for the party either. His motives were way different.

He left Noram with Renjun and Jaemin, promising that he'll grab some snacks and return. He didn't come back for a while, though. Maybe because he was busy making out with Jeno in one of the stalls.

The two waited for this day for a while. It was the only time and place when they could meet after leaving Noram with people he knew and they seized the opportunity. When the kid was safe out there, having fun with Donghyuck's friends, his papa could have some fun too which, he was sure, happened on its own.

Jeno initiated everything the most, and Donghyuck tried to think how his fellow future self would, to know if he should agree or not. Because when that Donghyuck was in this one's shoes, he had no kid on his shoulders who could remind him of the consequences of his adventures. This probably meant that Future Donghyuck was doing whatever he wanted.

Anyway, after a rough making-out session, they both washed their faces with cold water, but even that didn't help hide how swollen their lips were. The two roamed around to take some time and wished to look better to finally see their friends.

"What do you think of the party so far?" Donghyuck leaned closer to Jeno to say, otherwise, his adventure partner wouldn't hear him.

"I haven't started partying," Jeno laughed. "Just as we got there, we spent our time in the bathroom."

"Yeah, right," Donghyuck also laughed. "But does that mean the party sucks?"

"No, that means that we really missed each other."

Donghyuck had to look away if he didn't want Jeno to see him blushing. Gosh, even when they weren't a couple anymore such words still worked.

"I'll go to the guys now," Donghyuck said, changing the topic.

"Sure. I'll see you again after I find Mark."

Donghyuck felt uneasy just by hearing that name.

"You know that... we don't really like him, right?"

"I do. But when Mark is not homophobic, he's actually a very nice friend. You probably know by now that he's all good and respective unless you touch the sensitive topics."

"No atheistic stuff and gay rights, of course," Donghyuck couldn't help but chuckle. "My mouth is sewn."

Jeno just tilted his head and looked at his ex apologetically. Donghyuck rolled his eyes, mumbling, "Whatever." If Jeno liked that his friend was homophobic, then Donghyuck didn't care. Who knows, maybe their friendship was actually good? Until Mark finds out that his roommate isn't the straightest either.

They separated their ways at the entrance, both going to different sides. Donghyuck found Renjun and Jaemin quite early, but to his surprise, they were alone, sipping drinks and talking to other people. It freaked him out for real.

"Where is Noram?" he grabbed Renjun by his shoulders and turned the guy to face him. His friend almost spilled the drink.

"Calm down," Renjun chuckled. "He's over there, getting high on sugar."

Donghyuck darted his eyes to where Renjun was pointing. Yup, Noram was destroying the table with candy, only a few feet away from the boys Donghyuck left him with, but enough to scare him.

"Where are the sour snacks you promised?" Renjun smacked Donghyuck's shoulder. "We want to eat something."

"Oh, I couldn't find anything, sorry," Donghyuck faked a laugh.