Chapter Twelve

"How's your ankle today?"

Donghyuck looked at Jeno, moved his leg, and then chuckled, "I think I got better. That means I can finally go home."

"Finally?" Jeno raised his eyebrow.

"Don't get me wrong, but I'd love to live in my own room..."

The longer he was in this dorm, the more he felt like he could lose his sanity. Donghyuck couldn't even look at Mark the same! The senior, although pretending that he was annoyed by the younger, felt different deep inside his heart. After the night, Donghyuck concluded everything.

Mark was actually never annoyed by him. He was happy but didn't know how to express it. He was rude toward Donghyuck as he was angry at his feelings. He despised them as they ruined the strict Christian beliefs he had rooted in his veins. Seeing Donghyuck being so open about his sexuality only made it even worse. Mark was jealous of him and couldn't comprehend how he could be so confident.

"I'll drive you home after I return."

"Can't you do it right now? Drop me somewhere on your way to your classes."

All four of them left the dorm together and even drove right after one another until they separated ways.

"Mark is still a careful driver," Jeno chuckled, seeing off the senior's car.

Noticing Jeno laughing when it came to Mark and was in a quite good mood, Donghyuck just couldn't stop himself.

"Don't you hate our situation?" the boy asked the thing that bothered him for a while. "You and Mark act like you're totally fine around each other. But are you?"

"I'm not going to lie, it's irritating and nerve-wracking. I don't like thinking about you and Mark," Jeno replied instantly as if he knew Donghyuck would ask this. "But all three of us are on the same level to some extent. Gosh, we're all so young and inexperienced," Jeno sighed, then with a way quieter tone, he added: "But Noram's adorable. He has to exist."

"Oh, you only want him because he's eight years old. But an actual baby is a total disaster," Donghyuck whispered, rolling his eyes.

"We can do this."

"Love your positivity."

They were quiet for a few minutes, then Jeno broke the silence.

"Let's date. Let's be an actual couple."

"Jeno..." Donghyuck looked away. "After all these things..."

"I still like you. Do you like me?"

"I do," the boy replied confidently.

"Then what's holding you?"

Nothing. Donghyuck was surprised that Jeno still wanted to be with him when he did things with his friend behind his back, as well as his team.

"Yeah, let's date," he smiled, turning to Jeno. "There are no obstacles anymore."

"He better be mine," Jeno mumbled, glancing at Noram through the rear-view mirror.

Taking a break from a dance class, Donghyuck sat down on the floor and created a group chat, adding Mark and Jeno, so he wouldn't have to contact them separately. He texted them, asking whether they could meet him after they finish their classes as he "has something to show."

He and Mark were in the same building as both were double major students, and it was the dance practice day, a day when usually all students were present. Donghyuck forgot this and was surprised to see Mark by the exit door as if he were waiting for him. The senior had a few girls around, discussing something, and intentionally ignored Donghyuck coming up to them.