Chapter seven- The parade

Hey guys! I've been like the worst writer ever! I haven't updated in just under a year! A year! I've recently been getting some comments on my stories and I thought maybe I should start writing again. So I had a think and came back with loads of new ideas! So I hope you enjoy this chapter and don't be scared to comment or message me any ideas or whatever.

Rue's POV

As the lift drew to a halt and the steel doors parted my stomach started twisting and turning as I slowly stepped out into the open. I looked around, looked at all my other 'competitors' if you wanted to call them that. The four careers stood together probably discussing the top five ways to kill someone with an axe. AS I turned my head I noticed more people surrounding their own chariots. There was a boy, around my own age, hovering next to the district four chariot in a fishing net outfit. He smiled when he saw me looking which made me turn an odd shade of pink. He slowly turned around and got into his chariot.

I turned around to find Carlios reaching out to help me up into the chariot. 'Now,' he whispered, 'You two need to hold hands, it will make the audience go crazy! You need to show that you will protect her at whatever cost!' Thresh gave a swift nod and our chariot started moving. 'Do me proud' I heard him shout from behind.

I gripped Thresh's hand as we moved towards the open doors. 'Don't worry' I heard him whisper. But the rest of his sentence was swallowed by the roar of the crowd as we entered. He held my hand as we came into view of the cheering Capitol citizens, I raised my hand above my head and grabbed at the rose someone threw to me. I looked up at the screens to find my face broadcasting to the whole nation. I smiled and waved which made the crowd whoop even louder. As we drew up to the end of the runway district twelves tributes, Katniss and Peeta, drew up next to us. They were wearing heavy coal miners outfits looking embarrassed as some of the other tributes gave them weird looks regarding their outfits. I felt bad for them, my outfit was so pretty and my stylist was so kind and talented yet district twelve always had bad stylists with never much creative inspiration. The girl, Katniss, turned to looked at me and I gave her a shy smile as she blushed and looked down at her feet. President Snow gave us a speech to welcome us to the games and then we were off. Back down the runway and out the door, where Carlios and Thresh's sylist were waiting for us with open arms telling us how amazing we were and how much the crowd loved us. I hardley heard a word of it because my gaze drifted over to where the district four boy was climbing out of his chariot and talking to his stylists.

A/N

I didn't put in Cinna or Katniss and Peeta's fire outfits because I thought it would distracts from Rue and how much the crowds loved her which is going to be a main part in my story. Okay - orry for not updating for so long! Byee xx