Ch1 were the odds ever in my favour?

My name and if Rue, Rue Green. I live in Panem, in district 11. I live with my mother and my three little sisters, Rosie, Poppy and Jasmin. We are not the richest here in this part of the nation. 
Today is my first reaping. I pulled on my turquoise blue silk dress with frills round the edge. The aqua petticoat tickled my knees and styled my hair in two french plaits. I stepped up to the counter where they prick your finger and then walked over to where all the other twelve year olds where standing and stood there next to my best friend Carlotta who was shaking. "Its ok," I whispered, "Your names in there once! Mines in there 17!" Carlotta is the head peacekeeper (Reid)'s daughter, they have more money than most of disrict eleven. No - matter how much she offers I wouldn't take any! I like to hunt for my own families food!
I looked around and saw my other best friend Aimee Phillips standing next to the other 13 year olds, her birthday is during the hunger games so they don't know where to put her!
Then a women walked out on stage and { with her posh capitol accent} welcomed us all to this very ' exciting' occasion. As always she did ladies first. I used my hole heart to wish that it wouldn't be Carlotta or Aimee. And it wasn't. The name she read out was
Rue Green.

I stepped feverishly on the stage and the women asked for any vollenteers. The room was so silent you could hear a pin drop. Then she picked the boys. It was Thresh James. 'Oh no' I thought. I worked with him in the orchards and he was EIGHTEEN! There was no chance I was coming home. 

This is my 1st story so no mean comments, I will continue when I get 2
comments, 1 vote and 5 reads