Chapter XIV

Haru walked quietly towards the alley he always goes to. Today, he wanted to end his life as an assassin once and for all.

He kicked open the door. No one. Haru was speechless. At this time of day, Chikage is supposed to already be at his office.

"Ah, he probably knew I know his identity. Now I have to find him?" He scratched his head. Suddenly he heard the door close behind him. Once again, the man who he had been fighting with is there.

The man yawned. "You know, I suddenly feel pitiful of you, so I decided that I just confess that I lied about my identity the other day. Looks like my attempt to create drama didn't work, and Chikage seems to be outstation currently" he spoke.

Haru looked at him, this time, he decided to control his anger. "Then, who are you, really?" He asked.

The man chuckled. "I'm someone you would least expect, that's all I can say" he answered simply.

Haru sighed. It's no use knowing his identity anyway. He walked towards the man and pushed him aside. "Move. I'm leaving. I'm not interested in your identity anymore" he said before leaving the man behind.

The man scratched his head. "Ah, really? Then, I'll make sure to give you a surprise when I finally reveal who I am. In the meantime, I think I'm gonna give you sometime to spend with your little girlfriend. I need a break myself" he talked to himself.

He snickered, then left the office.

It's summer. Even Haru didn't realize how much time has   passed. During that time, he somehow felt very safe and far from the frustrations and... Felt peaceful. The man didn't even show up at all during all these months.

Haru picked up his phone. Today is already the first day of the summer break, and he decided that he wanted to hang out with Amane. He hasn't been spending much time with him lately, so he wanted to make up for that.

"Hello Amane, do you wanna hang out later? At the cafe nearby? It's been quite some time since we last hung out, so I thought now is a good time" Haru spoke as soon as Amane answered his call.

"Really? Finally, the arrogant king asks! True, true, we haven't hung out in forever! Well then, how about this afternoon?" Amane responded enthusiastically.

Haru smiled. He's glad that Amane seems to be fine after all this time. He was worried that maybe the man hasn't been bothering him and Michiyo because he's been going after Amane, but it seems that he was just overthinking.

Haru sipped on his coffee. He has been waiting for Amane for quite some time now.

He decided to walk outside for a bit to get some fresh air. Suddenly, he heard some faint rustling from a nearby alley. Thinking it was just a stray cat, he decided to check it out.

The moment he entered the alley, he was shocked to the core. Because right there, sitting unconscious by the wall, covered in bruises and blood is the one and only Amane.

"Amane!" Haru shouted, running towards Amane

"Amane!" Haru shouted, running towards Amane. Amane thankfully opened his eyes. "H-Haru..." He spoke weakly.

Haru checked Amane's condition. Nothing more than a couple minor bruises and injuries. He sighed, relived.

"What happened? Why are you like this?" Haru asked, concerned.

"A man in a black hoodie attacked me. I couldn't see his face.. So I don't know who he is. I'm scared... Am I some kind of kidnapping target..?" Amane answered, tears flowing on his cheeks.

Haru immediately knew who he meant. "After all this time he disappeared, he came back to attack Amane first?" Haru was furious.

"Let me help you up. We need to get you to the hospital" Haru said, helping Amane walk.

"What now? He's attacking both Amane and Michiyo.. Me too. What should I do?"