Chapter - 3 "Her last flight...."

"Because, behind every exquisite thing,

there has been something tragic." ~🖤

"What kind of beginning.....?"

"May...You're magical! You.."

"Whoa whoa, that's JUST my name. Ok? I ain't" Interrupted Maya

"Magical. Yes you are. You're the strength and the controller of water! And I'm as serious as a heart attack, currently!"  Rephrased Luna 

Maya froze. She knew it. She knew there was something going on; but she was just not ready to digest it, yet. She wasn't prepared to learn the several truths that could change her life, forever. Possibly in a positive or a negative way.

The Eurasian turned her back and retreated from out of there. She was aware that she had walked out of an unfinished conversation, she didn't like it she had to, but. Her walk was consternated and glum. Luna never called back, rather just walked and faded into the darkness of the predawn world.

The water-girl's heart was pumping vigorously. She could feel the numbness of her mind, haziness covering her thoughts. The random strength and magic building up inside her veins was eccentric to feel through. 

She skimmed through her room, into the washroom upon reaching the hotel back.

She inhaled deeply and stared dead into her reflection in the mirror. Her heavenly eyes were cold and dopey, overwhelmed with anxiety and astonishment. Her gaze went down on the stream of cold and glassy water as she turned the faucet on.

The hands shuddered; cold and numbed, they felt rigid, as she lifted them and covered the brook. She shut her misty-eyes, tight and budged them in the air. She knew the water followed her hands' lead, she could feel it. It was not long when her anxiousness slowly was filled with slight joy. She still had to learn the ways, control over an element was no joke and it was hard to, it was as dangerous as it was fun. She was determined to, but from the next day, she was tired and leapt under the comforters of the hotel bed as she tried to switch-off her thoughts.

The next morning, when Maya expected herself to be completely drained, she woke up to a blast of energy. It was unusual yet...nice. She could feel the magic empowering her; filling her nerves and emotions. It was there in her, she was there in it.  She put herself in front of the mirror and found her skin glowing with the magic. Eyes were as blue as the sky. 

She pointed her hand to fetch a cup-of-coffee, as they squirted out water. Maya sighed and tried to control her power but it was of no little use. Her hands gushed water in different velocities when Bennet didn't want, the water around her would move to her hands, the element was out of her control. 

She was too pissed to think of anything good. It's been two hours since she had woken up and her dad would be showing up in half and quarter of an hour. She snatched her phone off the fancy-wooden, three-legged coffee table which had ridges carved on it, and dialled down the number from a crumbled piece of paper. May squirted on Luna as she picked the call.

The posh, wooden door creaked as Luna entered room-205. She gave the London-born lass, a 'What now?' expression.

"My mitts' ain't in my control no more!"

 "Guess we needa get some training; the only way to get that Manus under-count"

The room was immaculate in a jiffy after Luna got onto it.

"Post-dinner, 6:12 pm, in the place as before. See ya,"

"Whoa, how do I manage till then?!" Grudged junior Aesha

"Gloves"

Aesha grubbed yet agreed and put them on, snatching them from Luna. 

Out of nowhere Maya saw her dad open the door with a snack. She turned back hoping her little, absurd friend is ain't no caught, just to see Luna disappear from thin air. Maya's heart clung. Looking for the girl after her step-dad had gone, finding no clue. "Is she MAGIC? As well...?"

The clock struck 6:12, as May found herself again in the same place, where she'd been informed to the biggest truth of life, and counting. She closed her eyes as the smell of the after-rain soil hit her nose, calming her soul. She saw Luna upon opening her eyes.

They sat on the wall, it was dusty and damp from the rain, near the back-roof of the hotel. May was too eager about what was about to happen. But before she could utter a word, Luna said "We need to go to Miami. In two days"

Maya's brain flash-backed to a tragic memorial as the state was mentioned. She paused, her eyes backing up tears, face turning blank; the eagerness somehow faded.

"Flo-Florida?" Her hands trembled as she said it

Luna saw it and knew something was unruly, too wrong but still managed to reply a calm agreement. 

Maya breathed it hard and kept mum. She would rather look at the small, calm droplets of the small rain which had just begun. Droplet after droplet, thriving from the fading orange-purple sky, to the metallic, old roof, reaching the fluttered earth.

Luna broke the petrichor-filled silence, with a single query:

"Why does your heart skip a beat, as your soul travels somewhere else, as this place is told?"  

Maya didn't wanted to start but turned to see Luna's Hazel-eyes, filled in curiousness, so she needed to answer:

"Florida. Miami. The places for hearty-laughter. But for her, it was....." She sobbed hard yet continued,

"Her last flight...."