[XIV]

Chapter 14: Akshara's Past and letting go

........

Recap: Abhira come to Udaipur and meet Singhanias. Birlas learn that Akshara is in Udaipur while Goenkas learn that Singhanias have returned. 

.........

Harshvardhan Birla was staring stiffly into space while a panicked Manjiri wiped his shirt with tissues.

Manjiri: Apko lagi toh nahi na?? Aap shirt badal lijiye, mai doosri nikal deti hoon...

Harshvardhan: (in mind) Vo ladki!! Wapis Udaipur me? No, No, No...NO!!! Ab mera beta phir uske aage peeche ghumne lagega...door kr degi vo usse sbse, iss hospital se. Ab vo wapis usse shaadi krne ki zid na krne lage! Arohi jaisi ladki nahi chahiye pr Akshara jaisi se toh vo bhi acchi hai, km se km doctor toh hai....

Manjiri: Harsh Ji? Kya hua? Aap thik to hai na??

He snapped out of his reverie and noticed Manjiri's frantic moves to help him. He caught her hands and got out of his chair. He didn't say anything as he marched towards his room to change, lost in thought.

..........

Akshara stepped out of her room and looked downstairs. She frowned when she didn't see a lot of movement. She looked at the time in her phone. Strange! It was not that early! She took a cute selfie and sent it to her boyfriend with the text- Good Morning Jaan :)

She went down the steps and looked around. She saw Devyani doing puja.

Akshara: Choti Nani!!

She went and took her blessing.

Devyani: Humesha khush raho!! Waah! Tum to ready bhi ho gayi...

Akshara: Haan!! Baaki sb kahan hai?

Devyani stifled a laugh and pointed at the hall. Akshara turned and giggled. Naitik was asleep on the couch and surrounding him were all her brothers- laying in different angles. They were all asleep- legs and hands dangling off the corners of the couch.

Devyani forwarded her the prasad and Akshara took blessing of God before eating it.

Devyani: Raat bhar games ki khelte rahe hai...tu chal mere saath....sb late hi uthenge...abhi zyada din nahi hue hai na US se aye hue toh sbke routine ulte hi chal rahe hai...Raat ko so nahi skte, subah uth nahi skte...

Akshara: Abhi aati hoon...

Akshara went to the hall and clicked a few pictures before adjusting them slightly and putting a light blanket over them.

Kairav: Akshu?

Akshara looked up and saw Kairav with Vansh and Reem.

Akshara: Bhabhi!!!

She ran and hugged Reem.

Reem: Akshu!! Kaisi ho? Sorry mai pehle nahi aa payi...

Akshara: It's okay bhabhi...

Reem: Meri behen ki delivery thi and vo Spain me thi bhi akeli so...

Akshara: I understand bhabhi...

Kairav: Lo ji, bhabhi ke chakkr me bhool gayi ki side me bhai bhi khade hai...

Akshara: please! Apse to kal mili hi thi...accha yahan se chalo pehle wrna sbki neend disturb ho jayegi..

She pulled them inside. Reem met Devyani and took her blessings. They chatted with Devyani while helping her prepare morning tea for all. Akshara settled with some lime water. They were sitting on dining table when Gayatri and Kirti came.