Chapter 2

Even during the exam, I kept thinking about her. I had already attempted 80 marks worth of stuff, and I was sure I would get at least 65 out of it. I glanced at Krish, surprisingly he was writing like a frantic. As if he was writing his last paper.

"How did you do?" I asked him after the exam.

"I don't know, it was okay," he said.

"Stop about the exam already, we need to do something about your girl," he said. " I have a brilliant plan" he added.

We sat on benches of tea & vada pav stall outside the school gate. Krish started, " Listen, mate! These are the last few months of school life, after this, we will be on different paths. That means you and Ananya too. You must confess her your feelings and be done with it. You go to her and tell her that you fucking love her."

I laugh hard. "Yeah, not gonna happen."

"Why? Because if you are thinking that what if she doesn't love you back? " That makes my throat go dry. He continues. " Then she doesn't fucking love you back! Move on! Deal with it! But don't act like a 90s heroine."

"Fuck you mate! I am not a 90s heroine." I said. And he burst into laughter.

"Just to bring you in reality brother, even if she doesn't feel the same way, there are always other girls!" He said.

"You are unbelievable bro, you already think she doesn't like me!"

"I don't think, I know Rish!"

***

After I got home, I kept thinking about what Krish said. I feel like my world would end if she doesn't like me back and It would end my life if she likes someone else. I felt an urge to call her and tell her immediately that I love her. But I am a coward, I have always been. At least when I had to face her.

"Rishhh!" she texted.

"Hii :)" I wrote back, and two hours flew in what seemed like two minutes.

"Rishabh! It's 8 already" my mom shouted from the kitchen and banged on my door. I took a quick shower and put on my uniform.

"Good morning mom, dad!" I said took the bread and jam and headed out. I ate my bread in the elevator on my way down. Krish was waiting for me at the gate of the building. He lives in the B wing I live in the C wing.

"I have a plan!" he says.

"Good morning Krish!"

"This weekend go and meet her, and then between chat and coffees confess her," he said explaining with his hands like a kid to an adult.

I chuckled at the idea. "Are you mad? And can you stop bringing this up over and over? Stop trying to read chemistry it's messing up your brain."

"Bro, if you don't tell her. You will be just the side guy forever. And for the record, I am getting better at chemistry alright? So much so I bet I can beat you in today's test," He said full of swagger.

"Bet then! If I beat you, you will stop nagging me about the confession thing." I said, giving a hand to seal the deal.

He shook it. " And If I win, you meet her and tell her how you feel." He had zero chance of beating me on my only strong subject.

-----------------

Holaa my lovely readers!  Thanks for making it this far, still a long way to go! I hope you stay around ❤️