Chapter 1

Khloe

I sat at home on the bed waiting for my boyfriend Jermaine to get home. For the last couple of the days he been working over time or at least thats what he tells me. Since I wasn't doing nothing I decide on cooking dinner. I was going to make chicken alfredo my favorite.

I plugged my phone up to the stereo system and let Do not Disturb Teyana Taylor play throughout the house. I moved my hips to the beat while cutting the chicken down to a reasonable size instead of grilling it I was going to fry it.

The music stop playing indicating I had a incoming call. I let it ring figuring it was nobody important. I was starting my water for the noddles when it began to ring again. Getting annoyed I decided to answer it.

"Hello,"

"Wassup baby you didn't hear your phone?"

"I was trying to cook dinner, where you at bae?"

"Uhh.. I'm at work I should be getting off in a hour or so."

"Mhmm see ya bye,"

"Why you acting like that baby cheer up,"

"When all of sudden you start working late Jermaine?"

"I'm out here tryna make a living and you complaining. I can never satisfy you Khloe,"

"All that won't necessary."

"With you it is."

"Yeah whatever. Do you want me to bring your dinner?"

"Uhhh... Nah baby its cool I'll eat when I get home."

I hang up the phone not even responding. Its already 7:30p.m. and he want me to believe he doing over time. I think its bullshit.

*****

I hadn't realized I fell asleep on the sofa watching re-runs of Love and Hip Hop. I looked at my phone and it was now going on 11:30p.m. and Jermaine ass wasn't home yet.

I made my way upstairs to take a shower. I just couldn't help but think that Jermaine was cheating on me and I was going to find out. We had been together for four years and thing use to be so good up until my makeup career got big and I open my own salon. He would complain saying I was never at home when he worked more than me. We went to counseling and fixed everything but now here we are again. I'm getting fed up.

I let my body air dry as I brush my teeth. I walk in the room to get a pair of my panties and one of Jermaine shirts. I rinse out my mouth and climb into bed. I heard someone walking up the stairs. Knowing it was Jermaine I close my eyes pretending to be sleep.

"Baby you sleep,"

I don't say nothing. I knew if I did I would start a argument being that I wasn't up for his shenanigans I just continued to fake sleep. He walked to my side of the bed and kissed my forehead. I could feel his eyes on me as he stood there before walking to the bathroom. When I heard the shower start I wait for five minutes than I get up to check his phone.

"Wtf" I say to myself below a whisper.

This nigga done changed his password on me just like that. I kept trying to guess the password until I heard the shower cut off.
"Shit" I hope back in bed and put the covers midway over my face.

I lifted the covers up from over my bed just a little and Jermaine was standing infront of the mirror with a towel wrapped around his waist putting deodorant on. Just as he started to turn around I close my eyes. He put on a pair of polo boxers and got in the bed. I turned around in my fake sleep so that my back would be facing him. I let out a low snore so he wouldn't try talking to me. I felt him scooting closer to me when suddenly his phone started vibrating.

"Why tf you calling my phone this late. I gotta go,"

With that being said he hung the phone and pulled me closer to his body. I rolled my eyes to myself.

"I love you Khloe," was the last words he said before he was knocked out in a deep sleep.