26. The Uncontrollable Fire

Time moved too slowly, as I sat consumed by my thoughts. The guilt and regret I felt over Desirée was even stronger than what I felt over Tony. I felt responsible for all the horrible things that had happened to that poor woman. Being tortured and beaten to death, and it was all because of me.

If I hadn't needed her help, she would still be alive. She would be happy and, I don't know, doing whatever it is that hookers do? But whatever, she wouldn't be dead. I had killed her, just the same as I had with Tony.

"I wondered where you had gone," said a deep and totally sexy voice.

Dominic came walking up the corridor towards me, but he looked different from normal. He didn't seem to have that confident swagger that he usually showed. Instead his shoulders seemed to have dropped, and he was almost dragging his feet across the soft carpet. The expression on his face was sad and distant. It was quite unnerving to see him like that.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

Dominic sighed and sat down beside me in front of the bay window. "No," he said.

Yeah, no shit. I was hoping for some more details.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's Tony. He was almost like a son to me," he said. "I can't believe he's gone. But also, it makes me feel so scared that something like this could happen to Lucas too."

Awww. I reached out and wrapped my arms around him. Then I pulled him down to rest his head on my breast.

"I understand," I said, as I began to softly stroke the back of Dominic's head.

"I just... I can't lose him," he said, and a little sob escaped his lips.

"It's okay to be scared," I said, and hugged him closer.

But when I said that, it was like a switch flicked over inside Dominic. In an instant, the sadness disappeared, and it was replaced by a smouldering intensity. His eyes, burning with determination, locked onto mine.

Before I could react, Dominic closed the distance between us. His lips crashed into mine, and he started kissing me with a ferocious passion.

I pulled back, trying to get away from him, but he kept pushing towards me.

"No, wait. I... Aahhh," my complaints turned to a moan, as Dominic started to kiss and nibble his way down my neck. I knew I was powerless to resist him when he reached the sensitive spot on my collar bone. Hearing my lustful moans, he reacted by starting to suck and bite on my sensitive spot.

The assault on my neck was sending the feelings of heat straight to my core. I moaned uncontrollably as my body reacted automatically. My hand ran over and caressed the rippling muscles all over his back. The unwanted fire was ignited within my core.

Dominic suddenly stopped attacking my neck and stood up in front of me with his arm outstretched. "Come with me," he said, as his eyes stared at me, deep and menacingly.

My eyes broke contact with his, as I slowly looked down over his body until my gaze lingered over the prominent bulge in the front of his pants. He was so damn hot, there was no way I could say no to him.

"Okay," I whispered.

Dominic took my hand and pulled me up from the seat. Then he dragged me over to a door on the right. As he took me through the door, I had a quick look around. It was a bedroom, but I wasn't sure whose. It was decorated quite neutrally, plus there were a bunch of boxes on the bed, and an exercise bike in the corner.

Dominic gave a frustrated sigh when he noticed the bed, but he quickly readjusted and pushed me up against the wardrobe. I moaned instinctively as his mouth latched back onto my neck.