.... --- .-- / .- .-. . / -.-- --- ..- / -.. --- .. -. --. ..--..

‧̍̊˙· 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 ·˙‧̍̊

Vox let off a long sigh of relief as he made his way to Shotos room.

He had finally convinced all no of the younger demons that he was right about Shoto and that they needed to help him.

Granted, it wasn't hard to do, most of them shared the opinion and didn't even needed convincing. Not the hard part was finding all of them without an elder.

For some reason the elders have been practically safeguarding the youngies. Wonder why.

But, he did it and he was now going to tell Shoto the good news.

Ah Shoto... that human was a handful. Three days ago he had discovered him walking around his room and totally freaked out. In the end he let Shoto move around and keep up with the promise of letting him out of the room a week after he could walk.

He had gone to get the boy a caller that day. He didn't want it to potentials hurt him and rub his skin so he had decided on a rounded smooth leather. It won't be super uncomfortable and fell more like a choker most of the time.

Something he couldn't stop thinking about was the way Shoto acted when he gave it to the boy.

After a few minutes he had gotten extremely red and refused to look at Vox the rest of the day. It was extremely cute.

So now here they were three days in to the last week. Vox was honestly really nervous about letting Shoto out. What if he hurts himself? What if he falls down the stares and dies? What if an elder try's to kill him? What if a younger demon betrays him and tell an older demon of his plan? What if a young one just out right tries to kill Shoto!?

Ok, calm down. Nothin will happen to Shoto.

And with that Vox flung the door open with a loud bang

"Good morning Shoto! How has your day been?" If looks could kill Vox would be dead.

"Terrible now that your here."

'Is it just me or did that have less venom behind it then before?'

"Oh do t be like that Shoto, I'm here to deliver good news!"

Shotos face contorted in to a contemplative look.

"What's the news?"Vox was Taken slightly aback by the soft tone used  but continued on as normal.

"Well, it's that all of the younger demon agree with me that there is no need to punish you so the only time you'll need to act like a slave is when the elders are around! While that is most of the time it's not all of it."

At first Shoto had a blank look that turned dark. Very dark.

With a conches effort Vox tried to brake him from the darkness he was currently in

"Shoto have you even heard a thing I just said?" The boy jumped at his voice and he let out a quiet and un convincing answer

"Yeah, all of it."

'So he's willing to lie... that's not good'

"Lier. I wasn't even talking." Shotos eyes widened and a small embarrassed blush made its way onto his face

"Wha-I-um-I..." Voxs laughed was loud and only made Shotos stuttering worse.

'He's not so far gone that I can't get him back.... That really good. I need to keep it this way until he can meet the others'

"Just- don't look at me." Shoto flopped on the bed triggering a laughing fit from Vox.

He tried his best to scoled the boy for potentials making his injuries worsen but couldn't stop laughing for long enough to get the words out.

When he calmed down a little he noticed a switch in mood within Shoto. He wasn't angry or vengeful like he had seen in the past. This was new.

He looked sad, depressed even. About what Vox will probably never know for sure.

His best guess is that he's feeling guilty for allowing a demon to take care of him when a demon as presumably done something horrible to him or a loved one.

Voxs face was now completely void of joy. He wished desperately to help the boy. He had no idea how though. It was clear that whatever was haunting him was caused by a demon. He just didn't know what had happened, and that puts a a huge stoped on his attempts to comfort him.

All Vox know for sure was that he needed to brake his trail of thought.

And he chose the worst way possible

"Shoto, are you ok?"

The boy shifted at his name but no other response was given

"Hey, if you want to talk about it I can listen"

This time he didn't even shift. Xox was getting more and more worried by the second

"I... I know your not the biggest fan of demons for some reason, and I'm not going to ask why, but in case you couldn't tell, no one here has any intentions to hurt you."

Vox knew a few pretty word weren't going to be able to help him

"Al the very least talk when you ready ok? It not good for your mental health to keep thing in."

But pretty words are what he's best at so he might as well try

"You know Shoto, boat demons aren't hostile towards humans, there are a few exceptions of course, especially among the older generations, but I try to keep them all here so they can't start up trouble."

He'll start by telling the boy all about his own efforts to create peace with the humans  then show his once he can leave to room. Hopefully then he will start to understand that demons aren't evils by nature but by circumstances just like humans.

"Alright, well, I'll bring you some food in about an hour, how about that? I can even make it myself if you want?" There was a pause then a sigh.

"Right, see you then, Shoto." And in between he will show Shoto as much kindness as possible.

'Why am I doing this again... ah right. Because he's a little bit like me.'

‧̍̊˙· 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 ·˙‧̍̊