⚜️ Chapter 13 ⚜️

The ball was about to begin and guests were already flocking into the ball room. The King and Queen were greeting the high positioning guests as they entered the room but ignored anyone they don't seem to recognize.

Peasants, they thought. Peasants in their ball room and yet, they couldn't kick them out as they were the ones who allowed them to enter the ball. They didn't like the idea at first but it was the only way to get Hansol to actually attend the ball.

Speaking of Prince Hansol, the Crowned Prince was stuck in his room. No bribery or sweet words could get him to leave. He promised his parents that he would attend but he never promised to be on time for the ball.

"Hyung! Can you let me in?" Hansol hears Yuta's voice call out from behind the door. "I promise I won't force you to go to the ball." You could hear the hope in Yuta's voice, hoping that his brother would really open the door for him.

Yuta's smile brightened when he heard the door lock open and the door swung wide enough for him to enter. "Jaehyun hyung is here as well." Just as Yuta said, Jaehyun was standing behind the door but not entering the room.

"You can come in too." Hansol says, opening the door for the King of Astrophile. Jaehyun entered the room and sat down on one of the chairs in the room. "What's up?" Hansol greeted them. It was very un-Princely but that didn't matter.

"What's up? We're supposed to ask you what's up." Jaehyun says. "Today is your ball to find a significant other- a Queen." That made Hansol sigh. "Hyung," Yuta began. "I know that look. What's bothering you? ...or perhaps who?"

He was caught. "Do you think they would come?" Hansol asks, wanting an honest answer. "They said they would." Jaehyun says. "You might not be able to tell them apart due their masks covering their face, I am sad to say."

That just deflated Hansol's mood even more. He has taken a liking to the oldest brother, if it was not obvious to everyone. He kept silent the whole time he was there but he couldn't help but voice out his thoughts when he heard they were going to the ball.

"I hope you three would be able to attend the ball.. It would be an honor if you do." He says as he looks at Kun. That memory was so vivid in his mind, he could even remember the look on everyone's faces as he said those words.

But there was no harm in trying to find him, Hansol thought. "Will you leave your room and actually attend the ball held for you?" Jaehyun raises an eyebrow. Yuta was looking at his older brother expectantly.

Hansol nodded. He fixed his hair and smoothened his suit. "Where's my brother, Jaehyun?" Hansol asks before any of them could get up to step out of the room. Jaehyun's face turned cold and hard. "I don't know. How should I know?"

Hansol understands why Jaehyun acts like this with his brother, who wouldn't be bitter if you have no love for a person you were forced to marry, but Taeyong was his brother. No matter how estranged he was, he was family.

Yuta could feel the tension forming at the mention of his other older brother. "Perhaps hyung is on his way here to see how you are doing?" Yuta spoke up, hoping that would make Hansol feel better. It didn't really do what it was supposed to do.

The Prince of Amfilia just sighed and sat back down. It was either coincidence or Yuta was actually a psychic but, at that moment, there was a knock on the door and a familiar voice spoke up from behind it. "Hyung?"

Hansol stood up and immediately opened the door for Taeyong. "Taeyong? Do you need anything?" Taeyong was about to say something but then he noticed the other two boys in the room with them as well.

"Yuta? Jae- King Jung?" Taeyong says in confusion. "Hi, hyung." Yuta grinned. "Do you need anything?" Hansol asks his brother once again. Taeyong snapped back to senses and shook his head. "The Queen and King are searching for you."

That made Hansol snap. "Oh, so you're here just on their orders?" He exclaims. Taeyong flinches slightly but it goes unnoticed. "Of course, not! I've spent my whole life as their disappointment. Why would I suddenly try to make them happy?"

Hansol calmed down. "I'm sorry, Yong.. I'm just tense right now." The middle child nodded in understanding. "Take your time.." Taeyong then turns to the youngest. "Your mother and father are searching for you. I shall lead you to them."

"Hyung," Yuta tried to call out but Taeyong just opened the door and waited for him to exit. Yuta gave up and just exited the room without a word. As the door closed, Jaehyun stopped it with his foot and stood beside his husband.

"They will be suspicious if we enter separate from each other. I do not wish to have rumors spreading around." Jaehyun says in a monotonous tone. The little sliver of hope Taeyong had now vanished, now replaced with sadness. "Let's go."