⚜️ Chapter 14 ⚜️

Kun wanted to leave the ball, no offense to the king and the queen. The ball was amazing- lavish even. He felt very honored to be able to experience this type of event as a poor commoner but huge crowds were never his style.

Upon entering the castle with his brothers and Mark, all four of them were captivated by the size and beauty of this structure. It was not everyday they got to see the royal castle up close. They definitely would not have another opportunity like this.

"I feel underdressed..." Renjun mutters hooping his arms around Mark's. Mark was quick to agree with his best friend. "I mean, these are good enough for an occasion like this." He says, hoping to make everyone feel better.

The suits they picked were the cheeper ones that the tailor offered. They were only going to use it once so, what was the point of wasting their money on an expensive suit? Besides, they needed the extra money for the carriage.

These suits were the fanciest things the brothers (plus Mark) have ever worn. It wasn't as beautiful as the suits and gowns the other guests were wearing but it was still fancy on their scale. It was good enough for them, but perhaps not for others.

They have been receiving looks ever since they've stepped down on the castle floors. Kun never stuck long enough to evaluate their faces properly but he had a feeling that those people were looking at them with disgust.

"Ignore them and just have fun." Kun tells the boys, ushering them deeper into the castle. Renjun and Mark went straight to the buffet table while Sicheng went straight to a corner of the ball room to avoid human interactions, leaving Kun alone.

As much as it annoyed Kun to be left alone, he knew how the best friends (Mark and Renjun) were, as well as his other younger brother. Those two would get into trouble while Sicheng would shut down and avoid everyone that passes.

He wanted to enjoy the day, not babysit like he has been doing every single day. He loved his siblings... and Mark but he wants to relax and if relaxing meant a ball and that one moment he would be able to go to the castle, so be it.

The citizen from Amfilia made a bee line to the buffet table but quickly swerved away once he saw Mark and his brother. They ate like they've never eaten food before. It made Kun feel quite embarrassed and quite ashamed.

Embarrassed that they were acting like pigs and not sophisticated people and ashamed that the reason why they were acting as if they've never eaten before was because they didn't have the money to buy the food served on the table.

The more he thought of it, the more he realized that he wasn't actually embarrassed of his brothers. He was embarrassed about the fact that he is not able to give them a feast like what they are currently eating, making them look like fools.

To avoid thinking about it more, Kun started to walk around to explore the area. It was cramped, filled with people, but he was able to get somewhere amidst the plethora of people stuck at the ball room of the castle.

Kun turned around to escape the crowd suddenly forming when he was pushed off course. Without any other choice, he pushed himself through the crowd to get through the doors. He successfully got through the doors but bumped into someone.

"I'm so-" "Watch where you're going." A man's voice made Kun snap his head up to stare directly at the man's eyes. "I'm so sorry." He tried to apologize again but the man was not having it. Kun closed his eyes, expecting a slap.

"King Jung, don't you dare." A familiar voice spoke up but Kun couldn't place a finger on who it could be. The commoner opened his eyes to see a masked man holding back the fist of the person Kun accidentally bumped into.

It took him a moment to realize but when he did, Kun's eyes widened. The man he just bumped into was the King of Astrophile. "Who are you to tell me what to do." "Have you forgotten that I am your husband?"

Not only did he physically bump into King Jung, he also bumped into the man's husband, the mysterious Prince Lee of Amfilia. "I- I'm so sorry, your Highnesses." Kun bowed at a 90 degree angle to show his sincerest apologies.

"I- It's alright..." The prince said. "What are you doing in this hallway all alone?" He asked. The king looked miffed about this whole interaction but he didn't say anything. "I got pushed back by the crowd, your Highness."

Prince Lee nodded in understanding. "Would you like to go back to the party or would you much rather stay here?" Kun thought about it. It seemed more ideal to stay but with the crowd, he needed to see if his brothers were still safe.

"I need to find my brothers, your Highness." "They're here?!" Kun and King Jung's eyes widened in shock. "I mean, you have brothers?" Kun nodded, clearly still bamboozled about the mysterious prince's reaction.

"Yes, my Lord." Silence. "We must be going." King Jung says, grabbing the hand of his husband. "It was nice meeting you, your Highnesses." Kun bowed once again and watched as they walked off. "Oh, shoot. Sicheng!"