Feast, On Me (Lilly/Jalecki)

Lilly heard about the joint-grade adventures of Maybelline Fuller throughout the day, too hesitant to say anything. Principal Vival asked everyone to calm down as Michelle, umm Ms. Jones was covering for the freshmen's home teacher, trying to lighten the mood.

Lilly wasn't amused.

"Wouldn't it be more funny if she came back as a zombie and thought she was alive?"

Everyone but Reiji was rightfully terrified of such a thought, earning her more stairs.

"Forget I said anything," covering herself in her scarf, despite being only seventy degrees in the air.

"I mean, she has a point," Jalecki butted in. "Moritinoners get paid a lot for uncovering dead bodies. We were doing research on this one dog who everyone thought died, but those guys found a heartbeat, and people assumed it became an undead werewolf."

"No we did," Lilly whispered.

"Play along," he whispered back. "Like what would happen if she was technically alive, but also dead."

"Uh, yeah, it'd be so interesting, seeing a dead body not acting like most zombies would. Here's a question," as Jalecki nodded. "If the school was overtaken by a zombie invasion, who in this class would stand the best chance at survival?"

All of the attention dropped off of her to everyone else in the classroom looking at each other. Naturally most of the guys started claiming they would be perfect, arguing over who would last the longest.

I say Basile, duh. He's fast, strong, and won't get caught. Unlike some of you, Gira typed.

"Girl please, you two are the first ones to go."

"Heck Basile kind looks like a zombie too."

The boy with the burnt face sighed, but the stare in his eyes unnerved them.

I'll make the zombies, target the both of you first, so we can escape!

They attributed the robo voice to Basile, begging him to forgive them. Gira snickered while Olivia tried to hide her giggle. Reiji raised his hand.

"Why don't we focus on who would be the best to lead the class to have the most number of survivors?"

That only led the other guys to argue over who should and shouldn't, while Lilly got up, staring at Olivia writing things down.

"What are you doing," she blurted out.

Olivia scratched her head. "Well, no one can decide, so I'm listing out everyone's strengths so we could help each other out. I love zombie stories, but they're no fun when everyone dies, ya know?"

"That's a great idea," Ms. James cheered. "Okay, how about in advisory we continue this discussion? Let's write down each other's pros and see how we can work together as a group!"

The majority of the classroom agreed, but Lilly sighed.

"Oh," sucking her teeth and collapsing back in her seat. "I should've came up with that."

At lunch, the six freshmen had gotten their seat to eat while most of the people were getting distracted by Micah and Zabel using lunch trays to swing an apple back and forth like ping-pong.

Olivia tapped Lilly. "You alright?"

"Tch," turning away. "I'm not in the mood," earning shock from the others.

Gira passed her phone to Olivia. Did someone put gross, stuff inside her lunch food, is she mad at us?

Lilly and Reiji were both about to look at it when Jalecki's hand swiped the phone.