CHAPTER 2 : OUR LIFE [2]

ADI was born in a middle-class but happy family. His parents ran away and got married to each other because of their parent's refusals. Reason? Just simple as all ways it has been: his mother was from a wealthy family but his father was not such well off and was an orphan, not really but his parents died in an accident and no such other family member or relative was with him due to disputes in his family which was the reason Adi's maternal grandparents refused every time his mother proposed for marriage with his father. So, in the end, they had to run away and get married which resulted in his maternal grandparents cutting their ties with her mother.

That was his parent's history. Now his family: his family consisted of his father and mother Mr. And Mrs. Park, his younger (2 yrs. younger) brother, Ryan, and him. But as every story goes his happy family didn't last long. When he was 13, his father was detected with cancer, and not soon, after 2 years his soul left his body. So, at that time, Adi was 15 and his younger brother was only 13. All the burden of these two young children was on her mother solely.

People often criticized them because their financial status was not very good. It was hard for him but it was harder for his mom and he knew it so he started working part-time jobs and studying hard. Before this, he never really paid attention to studies much and was always playful and his parents never minded because they thought he will get to know what he wants when the right time comes and will figure out what he wants as his future. And no matter how hard it was for him, he always had a smile on his face for his mother and brother.

Almost one year after Mr. Park's death, their financial status became a bit good and can afford basic luxuries. Everything was going fine but gradually Adi started to feel something was not right. He found out that he was never attracted to women but was to men. At first, it was hard for him to accept his sexuality but soon he accepted. As he got to know about his sexuality, he thought it would be right to tell his mom whatever her reaction must be. To his surprise, his mom said," wow!!! Then do you have a boyfriend? Is he handsome? Does he keep you happy? Did you guys kiss already? When are you going to bring him home?", she spoke at one stretch without giving Adi time to answer. But on the other hand, Adi was completely shocked and was in confusion. Seeing his son's facial expression, she said "Adi, as long as you are happy, I am happy too. What's so wrong with liking a person? But I would like it if you introduce me to your boyfriend first". The latter part she said with a naughty tone, like teasing his son. Adi replied "no mom I don't have a boyfriend yet, but I do have someone I like and I think I may tell him too." his mother nodded permitting him to confess.

During his somophore year of high school, he confessed to the boy he liked but in return, he got insults and beatings. Soon the word spread that he his homo among his friends. He never expected this. He knew things won't be easy but never thought it would be this hard. He used to get beaten up almost daily by a gang of bullies. He begged them, but they never listened. Seeing his swollen and beaten-up body, his mother got too worried and complained to the police but they too did nothing as they were also disgusted with Adi being homo. He had no choice, bullying never stopped beating him up, so he decided not to let her mother worry he left home early and came home late, not to forget his part-time job and study. And more disturbing was his brother was disgusted with him. His brother whom he loved more than anything was annoyed and disgusted at his brother being gay. Even at home, he would give Adi cold treatment, insulting him if he tried to talk with Ryan. Their mother tried her best to make Ryan understand but in vain.

Even in the shit, he was, he used to study and used to top class because he wanted to be a doctor. A person who saves lives. This thought occurred when he went with his father to the hospital for his father's regular checkups. When he saw people thanking and considering doctors as gods, when he saw people with big smiles with lots of tears, both sadness, and happiness, on their faces- he decided to become a doctor. Since being a doctor would pay him enough salary and he can help others, he set being a doctor as his future.

It was during the rainy season in the last year of high school and was fed up with beatings and decided to take things into his hands and mostly get rid of all of them. So, he went to his bullies in anger and pain and lashed out about what they wanted for him and why they do this to him. Adi was not the type who will speak up for himself, he was rather the one who would suffer in silence no matter how extreme and painful it was. But this time he said something meant it had reached beyond heights and he cannot tolerate it longer. But after that day his life changed. On that day when he came home back, he was drenched in water and was brutally beaten up like always but he seemed completely broken. After that day it seemed like he lost his smile, and laughter somewhere in the rain of that day. He became a completely different person cold, emotionless, and rarely smiled even in front of his mother. But little they knew what happened to him on that rainy day...

He completed his UG in a university outside his town in the main city and will be accomplishing his internship in the main city as well as he will be staying in the main city for good that was what he thought because he does not want to go to his town which is filled of his cries and pains. Currently, he completed his UG (undergraduate) and is going to start his paid internship.