Eavesdropping...

As Zhongli got into his hiding place and listened to the conversation, one thing still loomed over his mind and for his certain question to be answered Childe would have to say it to another person, but without telling him or waiting its just a lengthy waiting game.
But who knows if his luck can take a turn..

"Oh..Hello dear Childe! What is it you need today?" Madame Ping spoke excitedly, it was nice to have somebody who cared about him snd not how scary he was!

"Ah Madame Ping! I came to ask did you spread these rumours..They have been getting on my nerves with all the people asking!" Childe spluttered out trying to regain his breath from the deadly stairs to where Madame Ping was located.

"Oh yes I did! You two belong together" she let out a giggle as she used her teapot to make some tea as they talked.

"But we..." Childe stopped mid sentence.

"Reputation deary? It wont affect a single thing! Calm your hairs down!" Madame Ping replied to confidently, she was wise and also was proving to be very helpful with the investigation so far so he ignored her giggling and whispering.

"Well I do like him b-" Childe nervously confessed to Madame Ping before being cut off by a giggle and a whisper following saying "I knew it!"

But Zhongli didn't know, thats what made confessing to him all the more difficult..But for Childe he didn't know Zhongli just heard him.

"Oh dear, here have some tea." Madame ping offered a cup of tea to Childe and he accepted happily. "You've just got to tell him your feelings, find a suitable place and time and go for it!" Madame Ping recommended.

To Childe it seemed she was the romance advice pro! And he listened, intrigued by how she knew exactly how to please Zhongli if he questioned or rejected him.

Soon, dusk began to spread over Liyue, the clouds becoming many colours as the sun peeked over the horizon. Childe was happy with all that he learned and stood up proud and confident, hiding his nerves deep in his heart.

"Thats it! I'm gonna tell him!" Childe stood up as Madame Ping clapped happily at his conclusion.
Zhongli decided it was time to move, as he shuffled suddenly a twig snapped and he made a run for it.

Childe obviously heard the noise and looked around, but to his suprise..nobody was there.

He figured it was just an animal before returning to Madame ping, saying farewells and holding his chest as he nervously approached Zhongli's house...

(HELLO ALL! So basically I've been super busy and trying to think of ideas so im real sorry if i don't update for you know.. ages and ages or a couple days! I do update sometimes whats happening on the convosations section on my profile tho!
(Anyways i hope you enjoy this!
(i will try to reply but its 10:48pm as i finish this 🥹