History

Lilly's pov
Some people say look forward to the future and forget about the past. For me I can't do either. My past is horrible and I'm scared about the future. When I was 5 my mom committed suicide leaving me alone with my dad. My dad was confused to why my mom would do that so he regularly got drunk. Whenever he'd come home and get mad at he'd abuse me. When this started I turned to music for comfort. School was worse. Kids would bully me and make fun of me for the clothes I'd wear or say my mom killed herself because she was embarrassed about me. All of this lead to me cutting myself. At school people would find different things to make fun of me for one of there favorite things was me being fat. This got on my nerves so I decided to stop eating. By the time I was 8 I had over 100 cuts and scars. One day I couldn't take people making fun of me anymore so I decided to run away. To make sure no one would know it was me I got my savings of $750 from my dresser and packed a backpack of clothes and other things I'd need. After I was packed I left a note to my dad just in case he did care deep down inside.
Dear Dad,
I couldn't take being made fun of anymore. By the time you get this note I will be long gone. Don't bother looking for me because you won't find me.
From Lilly.
I went and put this note on the table and left. I went to the store and got some hair color. My hair was naturally brown so I got some bleach, black hair color, and some red hair color. After I paid I went to a gas station and locked myself in the bathroom. After I checked and made sure I was the only one in there I started to color my hair. I decided to bleach my hair so the black would look better. After I had bleached my hair I colored it black and colored the tips red. While I was finishing my hair my phone went off. I didn't even realize I had brought my phone. Great it's my dad calling. I didn't want to get rid of my phone so I took the battery out. After I was finished coloring my hair I changed into different clothes. I put my old clothes that I had been wearing in the garbage. When I was done covering my tracks I left the bathroom and got some water from the gas station before I left. After all who knew when my chance to have some water would be. After this I left. I didn't know where I was going so I just started walking. I ended up at the orphanage. I decided to go in and see if I could stay there. When I went in I was welcomed by a lady who told me to call her Mrs.Price. She seemed nice. I decided to change my name so I told her my name was Rhiannon. Mrs.Price told me that I could stay there till I became of age and I could leave or until I was adopted whatever came first. She lead me to a room. Mrs.Price said because I was older I got a bigger room. I was glad about this. When I got in my room I started to unpack my things. I decided to put on some music. The first song that came on was king for a day by Pierce the veil featuring kellin Quinn from sleeping with sirens. As I was unpacking I started dancing. After a while Mrs.Price came up and told me it was dinner time. I told her I wasn't hungry so she just said oh and left. After I was finished unpacking I went to take a shower and change into my pajamas. I was glad to have my own bathroom. After my shower when I was in my Pierce the veil shorts and sleeping with sirens shirt I took out my razor and made a few small cuts. I sat there a few minutes watching the blood flow down my arm before I cleaned my cuts up. When I had cleaned them up I decided to go to bed. As I lie there thinking about life I decided if I didn't get adopted by the time I became of age I would come out and say who I really was. And with that I fell asleep only to be faced with nightmares. The nightmares were my life all over again. The beatings, the abuse, the bullies, and the cuts. Only everything was 10 times worse than real life. I jerked awake to be greeted by Mrs.Price saying it was breakfast time. I lied to her and told her I was gonna go for a walk and get something while I was out. When I got up I changed into a pair of black skinny jeans, A bring me the horizon shirt, and a pair of black vans. As I was walking out the door a girl saw my arms and her face went blank. I knew I wouldn't ever be adopted. When I was out walking around I went to hot topic and got some new shirts. Mostly of bands I like. After a while of shopping I headed back to the orphanage only to be treated by a angry Mrs.Price and the little girl who saw my arms earlier.