II : Comprehension Level

My forehead creased as I continuously looked at Kayla with utter puzzlement. She told me everything I "deserved to know," and, man, I didn't comprehend any of it. It was really confusing, to tell you the truth.

"So you're saying I'm not human?" I asked her, sounding rather accusingly.

She shook her head for the who-knew-what-number this day. "No," she replied, raising her voice a little bit. She sounded annoyed now. "You are not fully human, get it?" she asked, making hand gestures to help me understand what she was trying to say, which did not help with her effort. "You are not a normal human. You are a human, but not really."

You see? She was so vague when it came to explaining things. "I. Don't. Get. It," I said, taking a pause every after word. "You. Are. Not. Good. At. Explanations."

"Of course I am!" she protested before taking a deep breath of exasperation. "It's just that you're comprehension skills are not working well, it seems."

I made a face in front of her. What? She thought I was low in comprehension or something? "Well, excuse me?" I asked, sounding offended. "It is you who are being too vague and distant. Don't blame it on me."

She sighed again in total exasperation. "Goddess Aphrodite, my lady," she whispered through gritted teeth, thinking I wasn't capable of hearing her, "help me with this newbie lass over here. She is seriously getting on my nerves."

"Oh, it's my fault as to why I don't understand you? I feel so welcomed here that I want to go home," I stated sarcastically.

"What did you just do?" she said, standing on her feet. "You broke my connection with my mot-"

"I'm sorry?" I asked, persisting to be polite despite the situation. "Were you just about to say your mother?" Kayla looked straight into my eyes for that instance, trying to look for my weak spot. That explained why she looked as if she was trying to lure someone with her curves and all that. She inherited it from her mother. "Your mother is a goddess? A... A myth?"

"Mr. Caesar, where are you?" she muttered under her breath as if it was a prayer. "No, Aphrodite was not my mother, technically. She was just sacred to me, so I could call out to her."

That made everything as puzzling as it could be.

"You know that left me in deep pit of confusion, right?" I asked as I massaged my forehead. My brain hurt because of all this information. Why did I had to know all about this? As if it was going to benefit me some day! Besides, none of it made any sense!

"Fight your temper, fight your temper," Kayla chanted softly. Go figure who she was talking to.

"Why are you chanting?" I asked. She snapped a look at me.

"Curious, eh? I wonder why your aura is so powerful and inviting," she said, now pissed at me. Geez, she was still so vague in giving out information.

"Ah," said a tough, manly voice. We turned our heads to the door and saw a- was he a principal? I could tell that he was because of his suit and tie and the way his face was expressed; it was somehow controlled. "What do we have here?" He walked towards the cloud-slash-bed I was sitting on while Aries and Anastasia trailed behind him.

He stopped when he was, like, a feet away from me. He scrunched up his nose. "She smells like someone with power, isn't she?" asked Anastasia.

"Not just plain power, but a great one," corrected Mr. Caesar, his gaze focused on me. I stared back at him fiercely, thinking this was a staring game. Even though I was focused on his eyes, I felt him smile as if he just found a prestigious treasure.

"He did find a treasure," stated Aries. Kayla and Anastasia shot him looks. "I felt she was making a comparison in her mind, duh."

Mr. Caesar was the first to look away. He turned to Kayla. "Have you explained basic information to this kid already?" I wanted to interrupt and say I am not a kid anymore, but chose not to open my mouth, which took extraordinary effort.

"I tried to," said Kayla. I thought she was going to say more, but found out that was all she had to say.

The man nodded his head. "I see," he said. He turned his attention to me once again. He was about to form a word with his lips when I interrupted.

"Are you a principal?" I asked, making Aries, Kayla, and Anastasia roll into laughter except for Mr. Caesar, obviously, who was now looking at me suspiciously.

"She sure is curious," Anastasia commented after a few laughs.

"I know she is," Mr. Caesar spatted, causing them three to shut their mouths up. Silence invaded afterward that made me uncomfortable and shift on the cloud.

"How?" asked Aries, but then I noticed he bit his lip. He must have felt Mr. Caesar's thoughts. "I think that's a good news, right?"

"What are you talking about, Aries?" Kayla asked, raising a brow. "You know, you constantly act like everyone knows what you're saying, but we really don't," she added.

"Oh." Anastasia massaged her forehead as if she got what Aries was saying. "That is so not a good news. Another one like you?" She looked at Aries. "Reckon she'll be less annoying than you."

"Well, just make sure she doesn't hang around with me that often." Aries grinned, looking proud of himself. My first impression of him was right; he had a twinge of arrogance within him.

Kayla just continued to frown. "Wait, she could also read minds?" she asked, totally confused. Ha! I guessed she was the one who was low in comprehension, not me! I knew it, Sherlock!

"No," answered Mr. Caesar. His eyes bore into mine once again, but this time he was trying to look for something inside me. Not literally my inside - my history or background was what he was seeking. Of course, he was another stranger that I had met, so I quickly put barriers between his and my aura, if that was what you called it. It felt like protecting myself from something that will harm me, which was peculiar since the principal-looking guy looked tamed, yet it kind of hurt and exhausted me.

That made Mr. Caesar stumble on his spot, almost losing his balance if not for the three.

"Whoa," reacted Anastasia, "what happened?"

"She must have had put her protection," Mr. Caesar groaned, his eyes still on me. "I think her father or mother is more powerful than yours, Aries."

"Could someone explain all of this to me?" I asked out of the blue, looking at Kayla. "Without being vague," I added.

"Aries, she's your kind, so you do it," whispered Kayla. I didn't know why they had to whisper when I could just hear them perfectly.

"Correction," said Aries, "she is one of our kind." He crossed his arms and continued to not move a muscle.

"No," argued Anastasia. I felt annoyance in her voice. "Kayla and I are sacred to the gods. We are not like you two and Mr. Caesar," she reminded him.

He turned to me. Aries sighed as if preparing to start a speech, but it turned out he just said a six-word sentence, "I need to take you home."

Question was: Where was what he called "home"?