III : Home

I tapped Aries's shoulder for the fifth time since we started walking outside the now-messed up room. I could be annoying at times like this, to be honest. Especially now that I needed more information about my point of confusion.

"What now?" he asked, sounding as if he wanted me to disappear. "I didn't know you're irritating," he whispered, trying to be sneaky of this comment of his, but unfortunately for him, I heard his statement. He probably felt my thoughts vibrated already since he was now looking at me, quite scared.

"I thought we are 'the same'," I said, making quotations marks in the air with my fingers. "Anastasia, Kayla, and that Mr. Caesar dude said so, including you, Aries," I reminded him.

"Whoa. How do you know our names?" he asked in astonishment, but didn't stop walking. We were now walking outside of the building of where the room we came from was. Where were we going, anyways?

"I use common sense," I replied, somehow feeling proud of what I had used. I could call it a skill since not everyone had it, I guessed.

I heard him sigh. "Common sense is not common." He stole a glance from me, probably trying to see if I would react on his statement. From aside, his brown hair looked almost black, minus the light, round spot where the moon illuminated his head; his hazel brown eyes perfectly mirrored his skin. I would call him one of those popular guys at school with an abundance of girls flirting with him as he walked in the hallway because of his biker outfit, but his creepiness didn't sum it up for him.

Feeling him holding his breath because of my thoughts, I stopped it there. He sighed.

"I didn't mean to sound that way," I tried to explain, "I..." It was literally hard to look someone straight into the eye and talk if you knew you didn't had to say anything, so I averted mine - letting the rest of my supposedly-explanation diminish in the tip of my tongue.

"I know you did not," he said, sounding a twinge of... Sad. Lenient, even. God, I felt bad.

"So," I started, "how's being a not-really-a-mind-reader?"

He looked at me again, probably checking my expression. Why did he always need to check on me? Ugh. "It's pretty fun, especially if I'm feeling a mind like yours." He chuckled, his laugh echoing through the dark night. We were now taking a left to D. Agriculture street - almost to my aunt's house in Z. Sky. That was probably where we were heading, seeing it was obviously my home in the state of New York. How did he know, anyways?

I cringed, feeling awkward of his response. "You're kidding," I said.

"Fortunately, I am," he replied, grinning from ear to ear because he knew he fooled me. "To tell you the truth, it's in the middle of the fun meter. It's good because you'll know if someone is saying the truth or not, but it actually hurts to learn that the person is lying to you." Suddenly, I found myself speechless. I can't deny I would've wanted to be like him! "Trust me, you don't," he said, doing a hand gesture as if to dismiss the matter.

I sighed, knowing I wanted to talk more about his extraordinary skill. "How come you like feeling my mind, or ones similar to mine?" I asked, quite switching subjects. We were currently in the street where my aunt and her family lived. From this far, I could see her slim figure standing by the doorway. Was it just me or was she literally holding a lengthy blade? Hold on, was that a samurai? Oh God! I never knew she could hold such treacherous weapon since she couldn't even manage to chop vegetables without getting herself a small cut!

"Yes, that's definitely a samurai," Aries cleared my hazy thoughts up. Though, I got a feeling he deliberately didn't answer the question I asked him verbally. I was about to ask him that when he spoke. "You should stop calling to the other god," he told me, a twinge aloof. "One of your parents might be mad at you for not calling out to them instead."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Whatever, dude," I said. I still didn't get what Kayla had tried to inform me, so I couldn't found myself caring upon it. I felt as if I will never be able to sleep again with my unanswered question, so I asked him again verbally. "Why do you like minds similar to mine?"

Aries sighed. "You'll know soon," he told me before walking ahead. He turned right to step on my aunt's perfect-looking lawn and even greeted her as if they were friends! Ugh. Here I was, left agitated and dumb-founded by his answer.

I grunted before following him. "I'm so sorry I'm late for dinner. Something happened that hold me up," I told her as she looked at me, emotionless. Sensing she might flood me with questions as to what exactly had occurred, I added, "Don't ask questions because it's ridiculously impossible and unbelievable. You might think I need mental attention or something."

Though, she continued to look at me with her emotionless eyes as she held a tighter grip on to the samurai she was holding. Then, her face soften, and she gave me an abrupt hug, which was unusual since she didn't usually give out hugs. Plus, I was kind of scared to since she was holding a dangerous weapon.

She carressed my hair as she looked at Aries. "Time has come?" she asked him.

"How do you know ea-" She gave me a warning look that made me gulp the remaining of my question.

"Uh-huh," Aries replied casually. "It happened near A. Sun; it was one of his minions," he added. Whose minions?

"Oh, gods," my aunt reacted, hugging me even tighter. She said that as if they were lots of gods. Truly impossible. "Who came to her aid?"

"It was Adamson." I was guessing that was the name of the good-looking lad that threw a knife at me. I would never forget him! I meant, he can't just throw knives at anyone anytime! He owed me one!

"That kiddo never fails to amaze me," my aunt smiled, now letting go and looking at me in the eye. Amaze her, excuse me? "You okay?" she asked me, cupping my cheeks.

"Definitely," I asked, looking down at the samurai. I held it but the second I touched it, it felt like electricity had flown through me. I looked up to the sky to make sure lightning didn't strike me or something. Perceiving I did not, I touched it again. This time, nothing happened.

I was just probably hallucinating.

My aunt let me hold it with both of my hands as she and Aries watched me meticulously as if something ominous might happen. Before I looked at my own, dim reflection on the blade, Aries spoke in a shaky voice which he tried to cover up. "I think we should start explaining it to her before, you know." He looked at the weapon I was holding.

She nodded and beckoned us to come inside. Though before I entered the house, I managed to look at my reflection.

I was a fierce-looking, goddess-like human.

Utterly impossible.