Chapter 9

After returning from Doctor Toad's office, Knuckles and Kate joined their friends in the dining hall for a little victory feast. It was worth celebrating, since Bowser had come to try to start a fight again and kidnap Kate, but the heroes were able to not only fend off Bowser, but also prevent him from escaping without anyone as a hostage. And to top it off, Kate, Shadow, and Rouge had finally made amends, confirming that they were friends.

Kate asked Knuckles to not bring up her bug bite, and the echidna promised that he wouldn't tell anyone. Kate was relieved, for she had finally asked for medical help on how to get rid of it, so she didn't want anyone to worry about a silly bug bite.

Dinner was certainly a blast. With everyone gathered in the dining hall for pizza, the food was already fun. But to make the occasion even more special, Peach had pulled out a few games for everyone to split into groups and play together with. Kate hadn't remembered when everyone she had befriended during her time in this world had come together.

Luigi, Tails, Princess Peach, Amy, Princess Daisy, Silver, Blaze, Shadow, Rouge, Rosalina, Omega, Espio, Vector, Charmy, Marine, Cream and Cheese, Vanilla, Queen Aleena, Manic, Sonia, Yoshi, Big and Froggy, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Toad and Toadette, and of course, Mario, Sonic, and Knuckles. They were all there to hang out and celebrate with Kate.

Having all of her friends with her, it made Kate happy. She hadn't felt this hopeful in the past few days, but having her friends by her side, it was what made her feel determined, happy, and safe.

She knew that she would have to face an important destiny, so whatever it was, as long as her friends were by her side, she knew she could take on anything.

It was pretty late at night when everyone decided to turn in for sleep. Kate excused herself and headed to her room, carrying a little paper plate in her hands that had some macaroons on it. Amy and Cream made some earlier as dessert, and she brought a couple upstairs with her. She entered her room, letting out a little yawn as she did.

Meloetta hovered up to her, to which made the human smile at the mythical Pokémon. Kate grabbed a pink macaroon and handed it to Meloetta, who happily took it and munched it with tiny bites. Kate then set the paper plate down on the dresser where she had turned one of the drawers into a bed for Meloetta. She left the mythical Pokémon help herself to more macaroons as she headed to the bathroom and got ready for bed.

Kate got into her pjs and brushed her teeth. Before she exited the bathroom, she looked down at the bandages that Doctor Toad wrapped on her bug bite injury. She gingerly unwrapped her bandage, seeing the circular bite mark once more. Kate let out a sigh as she grabbed the ointment jar and unscrewed the lid. She rubbed a little bit on her left fingers, to which she then rubbed gently on her bug bite. Once she was done, she wrapped her bandages back up, letting out another sigh. It would be a while before the bite mark would go away, but at least she didn't have to worry about scratching it out of irritation. The ointment was certainly doing work already to ease the itchiness on her right wrist.

Now that she was finished with getting ready for bed, Kate exited the bathroom and back into her room. She glanced over at Meloetta, who was munching on one more macaroon, and then lied down in her little makeshift drawer bed. The mythical Pokémon let out a yawn and closed her eyes.

Kate smiled softly. She walked over and tucked in Meloetta into bed, and even gave the Pokémon a soft kiss on the forehead. Meloetta smiled in her sleep and quickly dozed off.

Kate let out another yawn and climbed into bed. She quickly fell asleep, drifting off into a dream.