Epilogue

Playing pretend wasn't something he was familiar with. It was never really programmed into him when he was first created by Dr. Eggman. But through his time with everyone, particularly with Shadow and Rouge, Omega learned to adapt and be more like a living being.

So if he had to pretend to be under the spell, then he would do so.

When the black cloud had come after them, he initially got down as well, and even tried to shield his two closest friends from the impact. His calculations told him that it probably wouldn't work, but he could care less. Shadow and Rouge were his friends, and he had dedicated his life to protect them and fight by their side.

After the black cloud had evaporated, his sensors told him that he was clear of any effects of the spell. However, he could also sense that everyone else, save for Mario and Sonic, were also affected. And when Kate came and tried to talk sense to the group, Omega considered stepping in to try to stop them from hurting the girl. It was their mission to keep her alive for the big battle, but he also had a dedication to protect and serve his friends.

It took seeing the poor girl refusing to fight back, despite all the beatings she was taking, to help him come to the correct conclusion.

And that was to pretend to be affected to, so he can keep an eye on his friends.

According to his analysis, this was part of a plan that the Dark King had put together, in which it would come to the group foolishly going to his lair while affected by his curse. Omega knew how it could be erased, but while he considered telling the unaffected duo what it was, he had to keep up with his own ruse. They were pretending to be spellbound to, so Omega had to do the same.

If they go through with this, then they have a chance of infiltrating the enemy's base. And from his experience, infiltrating the enemy's territory, especially under the ruse of peaceful intentions, could greatly increase the chances of victory.

So while everyone else was asleep for the night, Omega didn't bother Mario and Sonic when they snuck out of the castle. He knew they were going to give Kate her supplies before abandoning her. The reformed E-series bot could detect what was going on, and he knew that the two were trying their best to protect the others.

And he was going to do his own, by fulfilling Queen Aleena's request right now.

She had spoken to him after their last meeting before the party. The queen requested if something were to happen to her, if anyone in their team had still a clear mind after the possible worst to happen, that they go to the kingdom and deliver a letter she had written.

So in the dead of the night, while Mario and Sonic went off on their own little mission, Omega exited the castle and went on his own. He had to be the one to deliver the letter, with the rest of the team spellbound and not wanting to put more pressure on the duo than they already were under.

It wasn't a quick trek, but with his rocket boosters, he managed to make it to the city of Mobotropolis while it was still night. Any normal person couldn't tell that it was still night, with the Dark King's evil clouds surrounding the planet, but with his internal clock, Omega knew it was still night. When he reached the castle, a couple of guards did try to stop him, but he held the badge that the queen left with the letter, and the guards led him inside the castle and to the darker lower levels.

It was here when Omega was left to traverse alone. Fortunately, it wouldn't be long, for the dark room had only so much space. And half of the room was held back by a glass wall. Omega approached it, seeing that there was another figure on the other side of the glass. The figure looked like a Mobian hedgehog, but their eyes glowed red like a robot's. The figure saw the bot approaching, and it sat up and walked up to the glass wall.