The Rebel Queen

The Rebel Queen

Queen Barbara

Barbara (born Barbara Adelheid María Þórhildur Margareta de Sarmiento y Camondo; 8 August 1988) is Queen of Anchuria as the wife of King Marino

Titles and styles

8 August 1988 – 11 November 2011: Her Royal Highness Princess Barbara de Sarmiento y Camondo

11 November 2011 – 9 September 2022: Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess of Anchuria

9 September 2022 – present: Her Majesty The Queen

King Marino

Marino (Marino Henrik Alphonso Pablo Xavier de Ivorra los Santos de Borbón y Carlota; born 26 May 1986) is King of Anchuria

Marino (Marino Henrik Alphonso Pablo Xavier de Ivorra los Santos de Borbón y Carlota; born 26 May 1986) is King of Anchuria. He acceded to the throne following his father's death on 9 September 2022.

Titles and styles

26 May 1986 – 9 September 2022: His Royal Highness The Crown Prince of Anchuria

9 September 2022 – present: His Majesty The King

Barbara de Sarmiento y Camondo was born to a Hanoverian princess, a European royal house of German origin that ruled Hanover, Great Britain, and Ireland at various times during the 17th to 20th centuries, and a Spanish prince, with royal ancestry connecting him to ten of ruling European monarchies.

She was born with every possible advantage - beauty, vivacity, intelligence, wealth, and position.

Due to her parents, Barbara is in line for four thrones: British, Spanish, Monégasque, and Norwegian thrones, of course, she has hundreds of people ahead of her but this made her perfect for Royal intermarriage.

Although Royal intermarriage isn't really practiced anymore, because in modern times, among European royalty at least, marriages between royal dynasties have become much rarer than they once were. This happens to avoid inbreeding, since many royal families share common ancestors, and therefore share much of the genetic pool.

But King Alphonso approached Barbara's parents about marrying Barbara into his family as the wife of his son, Crown Prince Marino. At first, her parents were hesitant to accept his offer but once Barbara got into some trouble that could be damaging to their family, they accepted his offer and began staging the perfect relationship between Barbara and Marino.

At the occasion of his 25th birthday, Marino gave interviews during which stated that he was in a relationship with a special person that had been going strong for more than a year but insisted that they need some more time to evaluate their possible future.

On 26 June 2011, the court announced the engagement and the wedding took place on 11 November 2011 in Kimball Cathedral. It was been described as Europe's biggest royal wedding since the Prince of Wales married Lady Diana Spencer in 1981 with guests at the wedding including members of many royal families, foreign heads-of-state, the
Swedish government, Diplomatic Corps, and
many others.

Barbara thereby acquired Marino's title, becoming a Anchurian princess and Crown Princess of Anchuria. In time for the wedding, a joint monogram of their initials was created.

There were celebrations all over Anchuria in the
days and weeks leading up to the wedding, with
'Love Is Alove' the theme for the festivi-
ties. Barbara made her first public speech on this occasion.

Instead of going on a honeymoon, Marino and Barbara took a tour of the country and documented it on their Instagram which promoted Anchurian tourism, design, music, gastronomy, and environmental sustainability.

Throughout the years, Barbara gradually started her duties but occasionally visiting her family's private home. She carried out public engagements, often alongside her husband. She is also a patron, president, or member of numerous charities and organizations.

In 2020, Barbara completely disappeared from the public eye. The palace did not release any official details on Barbara's whereabouts. She remained out of the public glare until the passing of King Alphonso on 9 September 2022, when she became queen consort.

The Rebel Queen follows Barbara de Sarmiento y Camondo, who married into the Anchurian royal family through an arranged marriage to the Crown Prince. She is expected produce heirs, only to discover that being a princess isn't fun. She manages to keep her marriage going, but only from the other side of the world. Once the king dies, she is called back to Anchuria to fulfill her duties as Queen consort.

Started September 9, 2022
Completed tba