"Kid?"

Peter's POV
I had been working a four hour shift at a small cafe for two months now. Its been 3 since the...incident. I figured I had some extra savings for my entertainment and additional amenities. So, I decided to visit MJ before she leaves for MIT this week. I entered the shop with a smile, but exited in tears. I learned that MJ got a new boyfriend. I was asking her how she was planning to settle in MIT, and she told me she has this boyfriend who is going there too, so she'll probably share with him...and with time, they'll buy an apartment. I froze, stuttered and said 'wow' in a nervous tone. I told her that I was getting late for something and ran out. I'm happy that she's happy. She must've found someone who makes her happy. She's happy. I'll be happy too right? I've said happy way too many times now. I remembered Happy. I internally chuckled at his very un-happy face pictured in my head. I forced a smile, even thought it was just me...but moments later, I felt another presence in the room. I saw orange sparks revolve.
But Dr. Strange was there
The circle expanded.
And you know that thing he does with his hands?
No, I thought to myself. It couldn't be.
I met with the very figure of Dr. Strange.
Call me Stephen
"Kid?" he said in his astonishingly deep voice.
"Sir?" I managed to utter as I still adjusted to the shock.
"Call me Stephen," he chuckled with the very same voice he did several times 3 months ago.
I saw the Delmar's sandwich he was holding in his hands. I do remember telling him and Mr.Stark how much I loved his sandwiches, while we were stuck in the flying donut. "You want some?" he offered. "I gladly accepted, still a little shook. I thanked him and told him to sit down on the bed or the small rented couch in the corner of the room. He silently sat down beside me. Okay so this is how we're gonna do it. We're not gonna talk about it?
"Nice place. Cozy," Stephen regarded kindly. I thanked him once again. He was being uncharacteristically politely behaved. He's normally nice, I mean he risked the multiverse for a graduated high schooler trying to get into college, but he doesn't reflect it ordinarily. My thoughts were interrupted when he began to apologize- "I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry. I know you hate me, for everything I'd made you do. Everything I took. I could've helped you. I could've found ways. It didn't have to end up this way." No, this wasn't his fault. It wasn't. He tried to help and things got messed up, which was my fault. I can't let him take the blame.
"No Stephen. Please don't say that. You tried to help me, and I screwed up...again. My whole life, I've had good intentions, but I've always ended screwing up. My parents, aunt, uncle, Mr. Stark, why am I the only one left? Others are always affected by me screwing up. You did a lot for me. You knew me well, but not enough to risk something tragic for me. And you refused when I told you to cast that spell to make 'everyone forget'. You only ever cared. And I think it was for the best you forgot. That everyone forgot. Who else would I hurt. Who's left?"
He grabbed my palms and squeezed them tightly. "Hey, you only ever deserved the best. Your sweet, smart, polite, strong, it isn't fair, that life takes everything from you. But it'll get better okay?"
I smiled brightly, and I was more shock in his embrace. He pulled me into a hug and told me, "I met another kid, she's just like you. She's lost everything, but I feel proud of myself. Because I promised I'd protect her through thick and through thin, and not fail her. She didn't have to sacrifice herself Peter. And I guess that instinct was born in me when I failed you." I started to sob. He's the closest thing to a father I have at this moment. I have to savor it. Wait. Wait. Too carried away. I pulled gently from the comforting hug and asked him, "How do you remember me?"
He told me everything that happened after my incident. About the girl. About Christine. About Wanda. About the possessing- I mean the dream walking. About the-
"Book of the damned?" I asked.
"It has evil and dangerous spells. It exacts a heavy toll on the person reading it. When I read it, I was cursed with a third eye, but I regained a memory, that the whole universe was brainwashed of. A strong spell I cast on everyone including myself, was reversed for me,"Stephen explained. I didn't know how to feel. I wasn't glad that he read a dangerous magical book, but I was really glad that he remembers me. He was the only friend I had left now, only person who remembers everything we've been through together. "I'm on break year, I'm trying to earn money for college, and I'm just waiting for my application to get accepted with scholarship. If not MIT-" I smiled at what Stephen had to say next. "It will be MIT." And completely froze when he added. "Why don't you come with me?" He examined him examining my face, then he rolled his eyes playfully. "Its not haunted," he said adding his signature tone to his voice. "Its not that- I just...don't want to-" "Be a burden?" "Yup" "Well the only burden you'll put on me is staying here, when you can live in a safe, rent-free place with me." I raised an eyebrow. "Okay, its not that safe, but not dangerous." I chuckled, "Are you sure you want me to stay with you?" I asked shyly, playing with my fingers. "Kid, I would love to have you around. Pack your stuff."

//
"Amy?" Stephen called out, his voice reflecting off the smooth walls of the sanctum sanctorum.
"Hi Stephen! We were just looking for you!" She was lively, with a hint of shy, and radiated very positive vibes. I liked her. But the boy beside her...Beautiful blue eyes. Dirty blond hair. The clench in his perfect lips and his well toned collar bones. His tall figure and literally everything about him. NO. No, it isn't me- he's just attractive, and charming.
"Hey darlin'!" he reached his hand out to shake mine. I instantly blush not only because he called me darlin' but because of his smooth, calming, really attractive accent. Why is this happening?! I realized I'd been staring. Then the most embarrassing part, "Hi Harley! I'm Peter! I'm sorry for zoning out and all, it happens a lot. Its totally not because of your southern accent-" I trailed off with a shy. He noticed the embarrassment on my face. "Don't be embarrassed darlin', I think its cute."
"Actually, a lot about you is cute."