Friend

(3rd person POV)
Finney knocked on the door to Robin's house, his mom answered. "Are you the Finney boy my son was talking about?"
Finn nodded.
"Okay, come inside."
She motioned to Finney to come inside.

He soon as he walked in, Robin was trotting down stairs, then towards him. "Hey finn! how have you been?" Finney smiled at him,
"I've been great, what do you wanna do?"
Robin's face turned into an excited look. "Oh! come with me, I have something to show you!"

He lead finney to his room which was somewhat big, a little plain, but Robin had his own record player which Finney thought was really cool.
"Come over here!" Robin was so excited to show Finney this, he had been working on it for awhile. Although Robin wasn't the best artist ever, he did put a lot of thought into it.

Finney walked over to his desk and Robin smiled proudly as he showed Finney a terrible drawing of a rocket ship. Which obviously Finney loved.
"I know you told me alot about astronomy and rocket ships. So I made this for you! Do you like it?"

Robin remembered that Finney liked astronomy, and rocket ships.

Finney almost blushed as he smiled widely,
"I love it so much Robin, thank you." Finney said, he stared at the drawing for a little bit and thought of how much Robin remembered about him, and started to feel tears in his eyes. Without thinking, he hugged Robin suddenly.

"..Finney? Are you okay? is it that good? If it's bad its fine too! I'm not really an artist anyways."
Finney pulled away from the hug and wiped his tears. "Everything is fine Robin. You're just.. such a good friend."

Finney calling Robin friend made him feel, in a way, disappointed, even though he knew for sure they would never be anything more than best friends. No matter how much he wished they would.