Prologue

Athelia

He drives me crazy. No doubt about it. He drives me crazy. Since day one, when we were young, first place has been his or mine. Race after race, that finish line would end with me or him. Formula 2 was my greatest achievement yet but I was striving for Formula 1. Although, that was almost entirely impossibly.

~

One of the first lines of 'Cars' is 'Speed'. Athelia Drew lives by that quote. Formula 1 is a male dominated sport hence why Athy competes in F2. Her goal is to change the rules so everyone competes fairly.

As a male, Harley Grant has never had any issues competing. Grant and Drew had always been rivals. Racing since young ages meant growing up together, it didn't mean they were childhood friends. Actually, they're still not friends at all but maybe now they're growing up, they're realising that friendship was never in the cards but maybe something more, was. The rivalry they always played up to, isn't rivalry anymore or possibly, never had been.

Unfair choices, life-threatening crashes, strange feelings.

Athy has proven to be driving strongly so when a McLaren team member comes to view the racers, she gives it all she's got.

But she's not the one chosen for the seat.

Harley is.