C H A P T E R S E V E N T Y-F O U R

Daniel had gathered up the Miyagi-Do students at the dojo

"What do you think this is about?" Courtney asked as she wrapped her arms around Demetri's waist.

"No idea." Demetri shook his head.

Eli looked to Nicole.

"What? What's that look for? You guys are hiding something!" Courtney explained.

"I think my dad is delivering some news. The dojo is closing down."

"What?" Demetri asked. "He told you that?"

"No, but I'm guessing. This is our first meeting after the tournament, isn't that a little weird to you that we didn't have one right after and we're just having one right now?" Nicole raised her eyebrows.

"You do have a point." Demetri frowned.

"What do you know, Eli, because I know you know you know something. I'm on to you, boy." Courtney pointed to him.

"I don't know anything. I'm just going off what Nicole is saying."

"Come on, guys. Maybe we're just overthinking it."

"It's okay, I'll find out. I'm Sensei McCormick, his other half."

"Just because you were a 'sensei' at the tournament doesn't mean you're an actual sensei." Demetri reminded.

"Shut up, you lanky asshole."

"How about you shut up!" Demetri exclaimed.

They began bickering and Nicole sighed, turning to her boyfriend.

"You okay?" Eli asked.

Nicole shrugged. "Just tired."

He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close.

"I get that."

"Yeah."

"Everyone, gather around." Daniel called.

They all fell in in front of Daniel.

Mary came running in late and stood next to Courtney.

"Sorry I'm late." She apologized.

"That's alright, we're just getting started." Daniel replied. "It's great to see you all back here again. You know, we had one goal going into the All Valley. Beat Cobra Kai. We walked away with a first-place trophy thanks to Eli."

They all started clapping for him and Nicole gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"As far as the rest of the tournament, well, it just didn't go our way."

The LaRusso twins looked at each other before looking down.

"We said we'd close our dojo if we lost." Daniel continued. "And...that's exactly what we're going to do."