Chapter 1

"Hey. Has anyone gotten back to you yet? Anyone? Kali?"

"Shh." Hazel was on his bed, sitting cross legged, his eyes closed and his mind focused. Blood dripped gently from his nose and down his upper lip and he breathed slowly. Antone took a seat on his own bed and laid down, letting out a sigh. They were both fifteen.

"This just in- Eleven has left captivity."

"Eleven?" Antone asked.

"Eleven. That's all I've got." Hazel opened his eyes slowly and wiped his nose on the small hand towel he kept in his pocket.

"Eleven shared a room with Kali. That's how I know her." He turned to see Antone missing.

"Where'd you- Oh!" Antone rolled over. He had been unseen on Hazel's bed.

"Never do that again." Hazel said and laid down next to him, exhaling slowly. Those messages had tired him. They looked into each other's eyes, both propping their heads up on their hands as their pillows cushioned them softly.

"Do you think Kali wants us to find her? I mean, I know she can cause hallucinations and that could be the cause of the blockage in my reads and messages, but don't you think she would want us to find her?" Antone let out a sigh.

"I want to find her too, but she was a girl of many mysteries. I don't know if she would or not."

"I know, but- Every time I try there's just this blockage and I- You don't think she's-" Antone let out another sigh and shook his head.

"Of course not. Now get some rest. You just did a lot of work and you can barely keep your eyes open." Hazel sat up.

"Just one more time. I need to know if she's okay." He was dead tired, but he knew he needed to try. Hazel shut his eyes and pictured Kali. She had dark hair. Her eyes were a piercing color of black, and in this picture, her hair was braided. His heart sped up a little and his breathing quickened as he felt his head pulse, and glistening dark blood came trickling out of his nose.

"Kali? Kali!" He breathed out her name and soon collapsed, falling into Antone's arms, who sat up to break his fall. The back of his head hit his chest after he blacked out, and Antone slid him off gently and pulled the covers over him. He shook his head as he slid off the bed then rubbed Hazel's stomach.

"That wasn't a good idea, Hazel. We'll find her if she wants us to. She clearly wants you out of her head." He brushed a few strands of hair out of his face and bent to place a soft kiss on his forehead, then found himself falling to his bed, his eyes drooping as he breathed slowly and soundly. He too was sound asleep.