Chapter 2

I walked to class thinking about what just happened. Why me? Why did I have to be the one that got stuck with that jerk?

Walking into class, Mr. Sampson stopped his lecture and everyone stared at me. I rushed to my seat and started to write the notes on the board. I was so focused on my notes that I didn't even hear the door open.

"Mr. White. What a surprise. Didn't think you would come to class." Mr. Simpson said, sarcastically.

My head shot up, and of course, Ash stood there by the door.

"Where shall I put you?" He paused looking around the room, "Oh, how about right there next to Camille."

I lowered my head to my desk. Fan-fucking-tastic. Could today get any worse?

"Hello, stranger," Ash smirked, sitting down next to me.

I stand corrected. It definitely got worse.

I completely ignored his greeting and continued to take notes.

"You're supposed to say hi back." Ash frowned.

I didn't realize how aggressive I was taking notes until my pencil broke. I put it down and glared at him.

"Just because you sit next to me, doesn't mean I'm gonna talk to you."

"Chill out, tiger. I just said hello." He rolled his eyes, leaning back in his seat.

I rolled my eyes and stared at the clock til class was over. This was gonna be a long semester.

____________

The last bell of the day rang, and I made my way to my locker.

"To your house?" Rose asked, walking up to her locker.

"I'm gonna have to rain check." I sighed, putting my books in my locker.

"What? But I thought we were gonna hang out." Rose stuck out her bottom lip.

"I got detention," I said, grabbing a book to read.

"What?! You never get detention. How did that happen?" Rose said, looking shocked.

"It's Ash's fault." I rolled my eyes, closing my locker.

"Ash? Do I wanna know?" She said raising an eyebrow.

I chuckled.

"I'll tell you later. I have to get to detention before I get into more trouble."

"Ok, but I expect my explanation in the morning." She said walking backward, pointing at me. She turned on her heel and rounded the corner.

I sighed and walked towards the English room. Let's get this over with.

___________

I walked into the classroom and there were already a few people there. Three of the school druggy girls in the right, back corner, two boys sitting and glaring at each other in the middle, and Ash, who was sound asleep on the desk, by the wall on the left side of the room. I placed myself three chairs in front of him, opened my book, and started to read.

30 minutes in, and I heard shifting behind me. I turned to see that Ash had moved up to the seat right behind me, and was staring deep into my soul, as it felt. I rolled my eyes and turned around, putting my attention right back to my book.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, and I shoved my bookmark in my book, closing it a little too hard.

I turned back around to him.

"What?"

He didn't say anything for a second. He then smirked.

"Fancy seeing you here."

"Really? Leave me alone." I turned around.

"You know, you can be real mean."

"Excuse me?" I flipped around again. I swear I'm gonna get whiplash from turning so much.

"Yea. You keep snapping at me." He said though I doubt he cared.

"You wanna talk about mean?! You're the reason I'm here!" I snapped.

"Evans, no talking!" Mrs. Vin hissed.

"I tried to get you out of it." He rolled his eyes.

"Doesn't look like u tried hard enough."

"Hey, it's not my fault that security guard is an absolute dick." He snapped.

He had a point, but it didn't matter. If he didn't drag me with him, I wouldn't be in this mess.

"You should've just run past me. I shouldn't have even been involved."

"Oh come on. Don't act like the sun shines out of your ass. You're too much of a goody two shoes. You would've rated me out and got me in trouble." He leaned closer to me, with a glare.

I scoffed.

"You forget that you still got caught, you just dragged me with you," I yell whispered.

"Evans! I said no talking!" Mrs. Vin snapped.

I groaned and turned around. I opened my book and waited to leave this hell.

_________

At my locker, I grabbed all my homework and started towards the exit.

"Wait, Camille!" I turned to see Ash making his way to me.

"Look, I'm sorry-"

"Don't bother." I snapped, cutting him off.

"Are you fucking for real right now?!" He yelled as I went to walk away.

I scoffed and looked at him.

"I came to apologize and you're being a bitch!" He said walking closer to me, getting in my face.

"Back off!" I yelled, shoving him back, but he was so solid, he hardly moved.

He stared into my eyes for what felt like an eternity, but was really 10 seconds, then turned and walked away.

What is his deal?

I turned and got into my car. The drive home seemed so fast only because I knew that my dad would kill me for this. I already planned to fall to my knees and beg for forgiveness. My dad was normally a chill guy, but I knew he wouldn't take it lightly if he knew I got in trouble so bad I got an hour of detention.
____________

I walked into the house quietly, trying not to alert my dad I was home. I shut the door and quickly made my way up five stairs.

"Cami." I heard my dad say.

Busted.

I made my way down and into the kitchen where my dad sat at the table. Alright, now is the time to beg for my life and freedom.

"Dad, I-" I tried to explain.

"Cami, you know that you have to text me when you go to Rose's house instead. I was worried." He cut me off.

I looked at him confused for a second then took my chance to lie.

"Uh, yea, sorry dad. I didn't even think about it." I chuckled nervously.

"Don't let it happen again." He said.

"Ok, sorry."

And with that, I turned on my heel and made my way upstairs. My phone chimed and I looked at the message.

Rose- You're welcome.

And that's when it clicked. My dad called her, and she lied for me. I knew I picked a good best friend.