Chapter 4

Struggle to stay awake while staring at the board in chemistry. I decided it was the best idea ever to stay awake late last night, and now I'm paying for it. Next to me, Ash stares straight ahead, not even looking at the board. He has the chain around his neck in his mouth. It's gross but somehow attractive.

I started to notice his sharp jawline and his God-like features. His sharp, blue eyes could make any girl swoon but could cut you with one glare. His hair was pitch black, and it curled just slightly. I wanted to touch him. Yes, Ash was attractive, but that didn't change the fact that he was a massive jerk.

My face turned a bright red the moment I realized I was staring and Ash had caught me. He was staring me right in the eyes for how long? A while. A long while. God, take me now, I beg you!

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," Ash smirked.

"I would, but if I had a picture of you on my phone, it would break from the massive ego that follows it. Not enough space, sorry." I shrugged.

"Apparently your eyes can handle it." He chuckled.

I shot him my meanest glare.

"You arrogant son of a-"

"Ms. Evans. Would you like to teach the class, because you seem to like to talk during my lectures?" Mr. Sampson said.

"Sorry," I said, turning to glare at Ash. "This isn't over."

"Looking forward to it, princess." He shot me his best smile.

"Do not call me that."

"Why not? I think it's a good nickname, princess. It stays." He smirked

I groaned and put my head on the table.
___________

School ended in a matter of what felt like 30 years, even though it was only 2 hours. I quickly went home to finish up some homework and to get ready for the Football game.

For the game, u wore a sweatshirt with the school logo and a pair of black leggings. Throwing on my old pair of white high tops, I grabbed my keys and skipped down the stairs. My dad wasn't home so I just left without a thought.

I pulled into Rose's driveway and honked the horn. Rose opened the front door but was pulled inside instantly. A few minutes later, Rose ran out of the house in different clothes. She jogged up to my car and threw herself inside.

"What was that all about?" I raised my eyebrow at her.

"Just my sister being judgmental. Normal stuff, you know?" She rolled her eyes.

"I don't actually." I chuckled.

"Shut up. Let's go, we're gonna be late!"

I put the car in reverse and we left for the game.
____________

It was the final quarter of the game and it was intense! We were only a little bit behind on points and there were only 5 minutes left on the clock. I didn't understand football at all. I only knew about the part where they make it to the end zone and score a touchdown. That's it. Now, why do I go to these games? Only one word: James. He was tough and tackled aggressively. Let's be honest here. It's really hot.

The ball was thrown to James and he made his way to the end zone. Suddenly, it was starting to look a lot like my dream. A guy on the other team was on his tail. Suddenly he dived for James, but thankfully missed! James made it to the end zone, scoring a touchdown! The crowd went wild! We were now in the lead with only 20 seconds left on the clock.

They continued the game, and of course, our team held them, letting the time drain. The buzzer went off, and that was the game. Everyone cheered. It was a hard game for the team.