GHOST

A loud crash echoed throughout the cabin followed by a heavy bang after which a bitter gust of wind swept past my face. Surely it can't be those crazed maniacs from the town nearby? No, they don't have enough composure to make that journey - they're too far gone, besides, how would they know this is even here? It must be some sort of raid or maybe the Future Foundation, however, they would be far too early. No. This must be some kind of pathetic attack. I let out a slightly frustrated sigh as I close my book (I had just got to the interesting bit) and lifted myself off of the brown, leather sofa. My weapons were just on the other side of the room, not that I was in any sort of hurry, and after a silent consideration I decided to go for the shotgun; it was easy to conduct some sort of intimidation act but doesn't actually pose too much of a threat in a close radius so would ensure little attention is brought to my precise location. I straightened out my glasses and made sure my tie was straight before making my way to the porch door. I pushed the large wooden door open expecting to see some sort of vandal or raided area but was met with a small, fragile body below my feet. The person's head looked as if it had suffered a great deal of physical damage as it was glowing red with slight spots of blood and I began to think I had definitely gotten the wrong idea - this must be some sort of lost fugitive but the townspeople shouldn't be attacking random citizens...unless maybe...we made a mistake about their condition? But everything else aligns. It just doesn't add up. My eyes were locked onto this mystery person's shaggy, brown locks and suddenly their head began to slowly rise, in what looked like great agony, until their eyes locked with the gun. I had let the heavy weapon in my hands hang down unaware of the fact this must be coming across the wrong way now I've established they're not here to attempt to take my life. As I began to lift the gun to place it elsewhere, my eyes suddenly met a familiar glare. His eyes glimmered with hope and warmth even in this state although I could sense pain behind them. Not just the physical pain I'm clearing observing from the blood leaking out onto my front porch. No, someone, something had hurt him yet I can still see hope... But why? Why was he here? Surely it's not safe. Well from the state of him obviously not. Seeing his pale, ghostly complexion made my stomach turn yet somehow seeing him gave me a sort of...comfort that almosy prompted me to grin at the sight of a familiar face. I couldn't hold back my curiosity or shock my longer and suddenly called out, "Naegi?!" and watched as his head immediately smacked the floor. Certainly a reaction.