Leilani's pregnant

Damian, Leilani, Atamai, Elisapeta, Edge, and Rhea were sitting down in a booth at Mei Jin Ramen and were waiting on their food and drinks.

Edge: So, how old are you two?

Elisapeta & Atamai (in unison): Seven, we'll be eight on the 27th of this month.

Rhea: Oh, so, you're Libra babies? No wonder Lei's hands are full.

Edge: Luis tells us that you're in college, Lei. What are your majors?

The waitress brought over their appetizers and drinks and sat them in front of them before leaving.

Leilani: I have a lot of majors. It's crazy.

Rhea: We're actually interested in hearin' about your personal/private life. Our jobs are tiring, yet, fun.

Leilani: I major in African American and African Diaspora Studies; American Studies; Ancient Studies; Astronomy; Biology; Creative Writing; East Asian Studies; English; Ethnicity and Race Studies; French; French and Francophone Studies; German Literature and Cultural History; Hispanic Studies; Human Rights; Italian; Jewish Studies; Latin American and Caribbean Studies; Medieval and Renaissance Studies; Middle East, South Asian, and African Studies; Neuroscience and Behavior; Portuguese Studies; Psychology; Russian Language and Culture; Slavic Literature and Culture; Slavic Studies; Sociology; Urban Studies; Women's and Gender Studies; and Yiddish.

Rhea (jokingly): Um, wow, Hermione, I didn't know you had it in you. That's a lot of classes that you're goin' to in one semester. Why don't you just do, at least, five classes per semester?

Leilani: That's what my professors said and I feel like I'm takin' the easy way out.

Damian: It's not an easy way out, Lei. It's called pacing yourself and you're overwhelming yourself by takin' so many classes at one time. You've got mail and it's from Columbia University

He handed her the envelope and she took it from him. She opened it and took out the letter.

Leilani (reading aloud): Dear, Ms. Donzitas, We've regretfully inform you that, due to, you going to over ten different classes during your fall semester, you will have to drop 22 of those classes. Your professors feel like you're overwhelming yourself and pressuring yourself too hard. You are one of our many Top A students in this university and we would hate to see that go down the drain, due to, your declining health. We're giving you the option to maintain 5 of your classes while leaving the rest of your classes behind. You will have plenty of time to go back to the classes that you've picked to drop out of. If you don't pick, at least, 5 classes to stay in by the 16th of this month, we will do it for you. We understand your level of confidence and intelligence, Ms. Donzitas. We hope to hear from you very soon. Dean of Columbia University, Josef Sorett. This can't be happenin'.

She folded the letter up and put it in her purse.

Damian: It's happenin'. The dean's right, Lei.

Leilani: I don't wanna be 44-years-old and still in college.

Edge: Okay, that's the kinda thinkin' that got you in this predicament in the first place. There's so much the human brain can take, until, it shuts down, and you're in a coma. Your body needs rest, Leilani.

The rest of them agreed with him.

Leilani: Well, I see that the odds are stacked against me. I'll call the dean, tomorrow, and let him know what classes I've chosen to keep, but it's gonna be pretty hard.

Atamai: Do we have to drop our extracurricular activities, too?

Damian: No, not until, we get a letter from your school sayin' so, but you guys won't have to worry about that.

Elisapeta: Oh, thank Heavens, because I'm not about to drop out of soccer and theatre no time soon.

Leilani put her hand on her stomach and felt a slight, awkward sensation in the pit of her stomach.

Rhea: You okay, Lei?

Leilani: Yeah, I think I'm gonna. Oh, God, I think I'm gonna--.

She got up and ran towards the ladies' bathroom. She ran into a stall and fell to her knees in front of a toilet. She started vomiting for 15 minutes.

Damian: I'll be right back.

He walked towards the ladies' bathroom and heard Leilani vomiting. Her vomiting subsided and she gasped for air. She flushed the toilet and got up. She washed, rinsed, and dried her hands off and popped an orange tic-tac in her mouth to get rid of her puke breath. She walked out of the bathroom and saw Damian.

Leilani: Did you have to go to the bathroom, too?

Damian: No, but I am curious to know if you're comin' down with a sickness or is there somethin' else you're not tellin' me.

Leilani: Like what?

Damian: Lei, we've been havin' sex for awhile, now, and you know that, sooner or later, you were gonna have another bun in the oven.

Leilani: Maybe, I am pregnant, and I just don't wanna believe it, yet. Let's not make a big deal out of it.

Damian: We're throwin' a baby shower and we're gettin' married.

Leilani: We've been through this, and you know, I'm gonna say yes to it all, but I wanna confirm that I'm pregnant, first.

He took out a pregnancy test box and handed it to her. She looked at him in shock after looking at the pregnancy test.

Damian (with a sexy smile): Handle your business. I'll be waitin' outside the door.

She took the pregnancy test from him and went back inside the bathroom. Five minutes later, she walked out of the bathroom and let out a sigh.

Damian: So, what's the results?

She showed it to him and smiled.

Leilani: We're havin' a baby.

He picked her up and twirled her around in excitement.

Damian: Yes, I knew it! I can't wait to pick out baby names, but first, we've gotta plan a weddin' before they come. Let's go spread the good news.

He gave her a kiss and they made out for a little bit before heading back to their booth.