Chapter 11- 𝙸𝚗𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

TW: Rape is implied

♧♤♧♤♧♤♧♤♧♤♧♤

❝𝘐𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘴❞

Once Carlotta managed to get Vance out of the room so she can get dressed. She put on a outfit that had "school vibes", grabbed her backpack, ate her breakfast and headed to school while chatting with Vance.

Even after she had searched everywhere about the case she felt like something was missing, some information that was lost both in Finney's account of what happened and by the fact that the bodies were already in a state of decomposition when they were found. Bearing in mind that both Vance and Robin don't seem to remember much about their deaths the only way to clear a doubt she had in her head would be to get to school early to speak with the only victim who was alive, Mr. Blake.

When Carlotta finally arrived at school she noticed that there were very few people around. It was quite common considering that she was an hour early but the teachers always arrived at that time to organize everything.

Carlotta knocks on the door getting a "Come in!" inside. She enters getting a slightly confused look from both Mr. Blake and Robin. "Oh, Miss Caccini! How can I help you at this time of the morning?"

It was possible to feel a tension next to Carlotta so she turned her eye in that direction. She saw that Vance wasn't the least bit happy and rolling his eyes. Robin wasn't happy with his presence either. They surely don't like each other...

"...Well...this request might be a little weird but...I'm studying a 70's kidnapping case and I heard you were one of the victims so...I was wondering if you could tell me what happened there... You don't have to tell me if you feel uncomfortable! I was just curious."

As she asked, she felt Vance approach and hug her from behind, pressing his mouth to her shoulder as he gave Robin a death glare. Carlotta got stiff at this kind of sudden physical contact. He's been very clingy defensively since Saturday. She wasn't the only one who was surprised by the sudden physical contact, Robin was too, the poor boy didn't even know you could have physical touch, especially with someone like Vance Hopper, a bully with anger issues. The boy was more surprised than that squirrel meme.

"Oh

"Oh...! It's been a long time since anyone asked me about the case... What do you want to know?" He gives a small smile but deep in his eyes you could see his sadness.

"...So, I've been reading about the case and it has a lot of details but... I feel like there's something missing... Could you tell me about your existence with the killer? More specifically the way he acted."

"Well... it wasn't the best experience of course... the guy was weird... he watched me while I slept, touched my hair and then there was that game he made the others play... Ah, what was it called...?"

"Naughty boy...?"

"Yeah, that! I remember on my first escape attempt he had fallen asleep waiting for me to go upstairs, he only wore a coat but I highly doubt he would have been wearing it if it wasn't at night and it was cold."

"Ew, kinky old man..." That phrase from Carlotta ended up making Mr Blake laugh, not only him but also Robin who was laughing so hard he was floating, Carlotta could have sworn that if he wasn't dead he'd be out of breath. She couldn't hear Vance's laughter but she could feel him squeezing her as his mouth sank into her, trying to contain the laughter.

"Yeah, that's a way to refer to him. I hope it was helpful."

"It was. I think I found something a little... ehhh. Considering all the criminal cases I've read I can conclude that the guy was probably gay and a pedophile..."

"Pedophile I understand but... Gay...? What does one thing have to do with the other?"

"You see, in your day, gay couples were seen as the most disgusting thing so there were some who married a woman in order to hide their homosexuality... The problem is that some of them kidnapped children, took them home, did... things... to them and then killed them."

Mr Blake's face grew whiter. "You don't think he-"

"I hope not." At that moment Carlotta could feel a tightening around her coming from Vance. She looks at Robin but he was looking at the floor in a trance. No....

♧♤♧♤♧♤♧♤♧♤♧♤

School started so there won't be updates as fast as usual. Just letting you know when I'm gone for a while :')