2) acceptance

trigger warning | drug use, mentions of sh. read at your own risk. i am not responsible for your triggers.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

11am came around quickly, so the three of them headed to the gill hall for the assembly, and sat in their groups. teachers hushed, shooing students into their seats. the school anthem begun to play through the sound system. 

"hush children, for your principal will be performing our school song today. respectfully stand with your peers, and allow for your voices to nourish the walls!" mr hammond announced through the microphones. 

rowe stood still, watching as each student sung along to each word. 

"this song kinda sucks." theo mumbled next to her. nodding in agreement, rowe pulled out her phone and started scrolling through instagram. she sighed as the song ended, taking her seat. 

"now," mr hammond announced, all properly as a drama teacher does "we acknowledge our country, land, and pay our respects to our past, present and future leaders. we have some awards to give out, and then a special announcement."

theo looked over at destiny, who was colouring her nails with sharpie and popping gum. 
"babe, that is so not your colour." he laughed, resulting in destiny flipping him off. 
"okay children, calm down." rowe whispered, as the award ceremomy begun. 

5 minutes went by, then 10, then 20. the assembly was coming to a close, and rowe just felt her chest deepen within. theo grabbed her hand, destiny the other, both giving her a worried look.

"you only sigh like that when something is really wrong rowena, whats going on?" des cooed, giving rowena's hand a kiss. 

"i'm just tired, i promise i'm fine" rowe smiled, pointing towards the stage of which the principal was standing next to a tall blonde man. he had long frizzy hair, a pair of chinos, and a tight button up shirt on. fancy, she thought. 

she felt his eyes gaze over her, and she couldnt help but stare back. he was, kind of beautiful. 

"now, to introduce our new counsellor, luke hemmings." 

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"counsellor?" des questioned, shortly after shoving a blueberry muffin between her lips. 

"yeah, it seems that way" theo replied, ssipping from his water bottle.

rowe wasnt paying attention to their conversation, only thinking about the way he looked at her. like she was the only person in the room. but, she didnt want to think about him. she had a plan to stick to, with deadlines quickly approaching. 

"rowe, hello, earth to rowe?" she felt a hand on her knee, looking up at theo who was waving a lollipop near her face. taking it from him and putting it in front of them, rowe squeezed his hand.
"is everything okay?" he asked, rowe shook her head. 

"i am sad, and i dont know how to fix it. i will be fine, just gotta push through." 

"rowe, you might benefit from seeing someone. we can see that youre slipping again. we dont want a repeat of year 9 do we?" rowe looked at theo, who was near in tears. 

"i wont try to kill myself again, no matter what. i need you guys!" rowe smiles, giving her best frends a hug. but she knew, as she held onto them, that she was struggling to pull off lies as well as she used to. 

the rest of the day went quickly, and rowe was sitting by herself in the library with 20 minutes until home time. reading a book on mythology, rowe found her thoughts pondering the new counsellor.