ɴᴇᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴛʜᴀʟᴇɴꜱɪꜱ ᴍᴀʀᴄᴏɴɪᴜꜱ

Alise finally woke up again, feeling a cold breeze blow through their hair. They grunted, holding their head and brushing a hand on their left ear, feeling a small trickle of blood dripping from it. It looked like the reflection had managed to do some actual damage... 
They slowly got back up, looking around themselves, still feeling dizzy from all the loud screeching from before. They seemed to have ended up in some thick woods, it was dark and foggy and they could hear strange sounds all around them.
They took some steps forward, noticing a flashlight laying on the ground and picking it up, turning it on and proceeding forward, with the flashlight somewhat breaking through the thick fog.

After some more aimless roaming, Alise found a strange scrap of newspaper on the ground, they walked up to it, shining their flashlight on it and revealing... a picture of what looked like a butt-naked Mark?!
"W-what kind of obscene prank is this?! Wait..."
They then noticed some writings underneath the picture which read 'Neanderthalensis Marconius'
"What's that supposed to mean...?"

Soon, Alise heard something new... footsteps! And a man quickly entered their view, grabbing their shoulders frantically, he looked to be injured and also in a total panic "Shh! You can't be out here!" he nervously whispered "He'll find you..."

Some distant growls could be heard from afar.

"Oh- oh no, he's coming! He's coming!! He'd better find YOU and not me!!" he shouted, running away and leaving Alise to feel quite disoriented, what exactly was making those sounds?
"H-hey wait a second, please!" Alise shouted, but it was too late.

A few seconds later, the growls grew louder, and Alise could hear the man from before screaming and begging for mercy as the creature tore him limb from limb.

The captain quickly panicked as they feared the same thing would've happened to them if they didn't act quickly enough. And sure, for them it might've just meant they were going to respawn somewhere else, but the experience wasn't going to be pleasant regardless!
They decided to play it stealthy and hide behind a bush, hoping the beast wouldn't sniff them out and that they could simply wait patiently for it to go back to its den or something.

However... someone had other plans.

The Captain's plan to hide from HeeHoo behind a berry bush seemed to be going well at first.

That voice, Alise recognized it- it was the Narrator! And now he was giving away their position! They tried to shush him as he clearly either did not understand the level of danger they were in, or simply didn't care or even felt amused by it. "Shut up- shut up!" they gritted their teeth, gesturing up at the sky.

However, the Captain bizarrely started gesturing up towards the sky in a very unstealthy manner. 

Alise flipped their middle finger at him, feeling quite exasperated by how he seemed to show up at the worst time possible every time.

If the Captain wished to succeed, they would do well to be polite to any higher dimensional being that might happen to be watching! Otherwise, unfortunate things such as a spotlight, might appear at a very inconvenient time.

The Captain's heart dropped as their entire hideout was blasted with bright light, completely giving away their position to HeeHoo, who growled and began chasing them around.

"Oh no- no no no no no no!!" Alise shouted, trying to make a run for it as they felt the beast getting closer and closer.

It seems to be the end for our intrepid Captain... truly unfortunate, you hate to see it.

"Not yet- I won't die so easily this time!!" Alise shouted, gathering up their courage and turning around, punching HeeHoo right in the jaw, causing him to stammer backwards. Soon, they noticed the crystal on their hand glowing, sign that finally they'd be out of that universe.

Oh, no, no. I don't think a convenient escape is a very fitting end for this story...

The Narrator muttered, as HeeHoo quickly regained his balance and looked ready to lunge towards Alise and rip them to shreds, but that moment never came, for time seemed to have stopped. Was that the Narrator's doing?!

Hold on, there we go... the ominous glow in the Captain's hand subsides to a normal level and does not whisk them away from this deathly encounter.

The crystal seemed to briefly listen to the Narrator, until soon it began glowing again.

WHAT?! That's not-- hold on! Ahem- the ominous glow subsides and returns to normal!

But instead, it only grew brighter.

I SAID, the ominous glow--