ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀʀʀᴀᴛᴏʀ

Before the Narrator could finish his sentence, a wormhole opened up and Alise began traveling through it like they'd done many times already, but this time... it felt different, like they were going somewhere they weren't supposed to be going. The Captain felt quite nervous, but also looked forward to that, because usually, that led to some progress.

They were thrown onto a large carpet, they briefly looked around themselves, noticing the room had very minimal furniture in it: a big writing desk, many bookshelves and a fireplace... then they noticed a man sitting on an armchair, right beside them. Alise took a few steps back as the man chuckled.

"Well, isn't this a surprise? Greetings... my name is Dr. Cecil H. H. Mills, known author of adult intellectual literature-"

Alise felt a shiver run up their spine, that voice... he was that Narrator! "You..." they felt their blood boil "You nearly got me killed back there! What's wrong with you?!" the Captain yelled, clenching their fists, barely able to hold back from punching the guy in the face right there and then.

"Now, now... no need to get so heated- listen, I have copious amounts of gambling debt, I need money, so I take whatever job I can get"

"And in this case you took a job to play god on whatever happens to me?! Sending me for loops upon loops until you're satisfied and finally let me actually proceed? Do you have ANY idea how long I've been stuck in your stupid game? All the friends and crewmembers I've witnessed the death of because of YOU?!" Alise shouted, stepping forward, pointing their index finger at the Narrator as he stepped back and around the room, trying to get to the writing desk.

"There- there is no satisfaction in reading a story if it doesn't have a couple of twists, y-yeah?"

"A story?! This is my LIFE!! This isn't just a story that you can play around with so casually! I'm not a character- I'm a person, with thoughts and feelings and I'm made of flesh and bones and blood flows through my veins!! I'm not your puppet!" they continued, pushing the man back causing him to hit the desk.

The Narrator swiftly took that opportunity to grab his book and quill and made a run for it, trying to dodge Alise as they chased him around the room.
"Enough of your blabbering!"
He shouted, soon beginning to write something on the book, slowly narrating it out as reality began bending to his will.
With a sucking woosh and a burst of blue light, a wormhole is opened, and the Captain is--

"Not this time!!" Alise roared as they punched the Narrator hard enough to stun him for a moment and take a hold of his book and quill. The sentence written on it was incomplete, so the wormhole closed up.
"This- this is what you use to control what happens to me yeah? You can't do anything without it! Not so powerful now, huh, Narrator?!"

"Give that back- that's not-"

"As if I'd be so dumb to listen to you! This ends right here, I'm taking back control, and you can't stop me! I'm going to use this to find Mark and stop this once and for all!" Alise shouted, as they immediately began to write down a simple sentence, they weren't the best writer, but they guessed that would've been good enough.

"The Captain finds Mark."

"No- no you can't do this, you can't be so ambiguous, you have to be more specific!"
The narrator shouted, recovering from the punch and ripping the book away from Alise's hands.
"Do you have any idea what could happen now?"

Suddenly, a new and yet familiar voice spoke up.
The Narrator was visibly concerned, and for a good reason. When mucking about with the fabric of the universe, it's important to remember... actions have consequences.

Soon, more Narrators began to appear in the room, and then a wormhole finally opened up, and Alise jumped right into it, not wanting to see what was going to happen next in that place. They knew the wormhole they'd summoned would bring them to Mark, in what time frame, they did not know, but they certainly hoped it would be in time to still tell him to not go back, so that they could at least break the time loop that had been created.