Chapter 6: Please, Dont Eat My Eyeshadow

It turns out that functioning in school with only half your regular arm mobility is not an easy thing to do. Who would’ve thought?

It was Tommy’s first day at school with his arm in a brace and it hadn’t even taken an hour before he was pissed off at it. The only positive part of the day was during his physical education class, his teacher tried to get him to participate in fucking basketball, going on about some bullshit that Tommy didn’t have a doctor’s note, so Tommy pulled a full on Girl Boss Moment™ by pulling his brace off and forcefully showing the prick his fucekd up wrist that was still dangerously swollen and littered with bruises.

Having a fractured wrist was not worth the fact he got to skip out on a good chunk of school work…but it was really close to being worth it.

The clock was taking forever to tick by, only five minutes remaining left of his last class. Tommy kept checking the picture of his work schedule on his phone, internally calculating how to make it to his work on time. Tommy had never been late to his job, riddled with aggravating time anxiety. Realistically, there was no way that Tommy could be late but he still found himself watching the clock like a hawk, his knee bouncing rapidly enough he faintly noticed his desk was shaking.

Hehe, Adhd go brrrr.

Briiinnggg!!

“Fucking finally.” Tommy groaned, apparently just loud enough that the girl sitting next to him sent him a dirty look which he gladly returned by flipping her off. Picking up his shit and power walking out the door, Tommy couldn’t stop himself from glancing over to the parking lot just as he always did. He knew it was a bad idea. Knew that if maybe he just ignored it then he wouldn’t see anything. But no, Tommy had to be an absolute idiot and make direct eye contact with the smoking 19 year old who was leaned back against the open end of his trunk, three other adults with him that Tommy couldn’t recognize.

Fuuuuuck.

“Hey, Tommy!” Dream called out, waving animatedly at Tommy who cringed. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. What Dream was this gonna be? Nice, sweet Dream that made the worst puns and would cheer him on for even the smallest of things or was this the Dream that forced the smoke into his lungs?

Hesitantly, hating each step but knowing he would hate what would happen worse if he didn’t move, Tommy headed towards Dream and awkwardly stood a few feet away from the man, jerking his head up in a nod.

“Ayup.”

Dream laughed too loudly, leaning over and wrapping his arm around Tommy’s shoulders.

“No need to be a stranger! Just wanted to check up on my little Tommy.” Dream cooed, ruffling Tommy’s hair.

“Oi! I’m not little!” Tommy protested, practically on instinct as he pouted up at the green eyes man who laughed again.

“Of course, of course, I’m sorry, Tommy. You’re the biggest man, right?”

Tommy nodded wisely, crossing his arms and puffing up his chest.

“You got that right!”

Dream wheezed a kettle laugh at Tommy’s poor expression of intimidation, losing his grip and making Tommy smile up at him. Alright, so it’s Happy Dream. That’s good! That’s good, Tommy quite liked Happy Dream. The man was much nicer and never even came close to hurting him, instead fretting over Tomm whenever the boy had even the hint of an injury.

“Well, Mr. Big Man, you got your shift soon, yeah?” Dream asked, quirking his head to the side.

“Oh shit!” Tommy yelped, pulling his phone out hurriedly and groaning as he saw the time. Shit, okay, maybe he would genuinely be late.