1.3

A couple of weeks passed and Yubin and Handong started working together to get the blonde to know everything she needed to know before linking with a dragon. Even though she had been a student for a while she didn't actually have a lot of experience with dragons. So going out into the wild without experience was basically asking for trouble.

The first training sessions went well but after a while Handong noticed something. Like Yunho had said, a lot of dragons came to Yubin to casually hang out with her. At first she didn't think much of it but when she learnt that most of the dragons there actually had a bad link with their trainer, she started to be a little suspicious. Was what her brother said really right? Did she keep dragons away from people?

Once the doubt entered her mind, she couldn't push it away anymore. She started to find excuses not to train with Yubin and in the end, she just disappeared from the younger woman's life without an explanation. It was really hard to just stop seeing Yubin because they grew closer really fast in those weeks, but she found some comfort in Yunho.

Apparently he knew more about what Yubin was doing and it was also a bonus that they were kind of similar in the way that they couldn't link with a dragon for a long time and were mocked for it.

They started talking more and hanging out pretty often, just like they were doing today. Yunho was waiting for her in front of the arena even though they didn't plan on training. They just wanted to go for a walk and grab something to eat.

Handong noticed him standing in the doorway from some distance away. When she started approaching there were suddenly two girls talking with him and they seemed to have quite a good chat. She shook her head, not thinking anything about it and just walking up to him anyway.

When they locked eyes, Handong greeted him with a smile and that caused one if the girls to turn around with an annoyed face. "Who are you?" she asked, leaning her back against the wall.

"I'm Handong" the blonde said, looking rather cold. She had seen the girl in training a few times so she wasn't a total stranger. "Who are you?"

"Right... the dragonless" the girl scoffed, shaking her head. She didn't bother to answer Handong's question before turning towards the other girl. "We've seen you around... mostly scaring dragons"

The older woman didn't really mind their comments, already used to people like them. "I asked you a question... And what are you doing here?"

"I'm talking with Yunho... so it would be nice from you to leav-" the black haired woman was saying when the guy stopped her. "I invited her so she's not leaving. We're going for a walk, me and her"

Handong couldn't help but smirk a little when he stood up for her like that. The other girl's face was priceless. "Is she one of the people that 'complimented your bed'?" She asked, not caring if they could hear.

"She is" he admitted with a chuckle, walking past the girls and wrapping his arm around Handong's shoulder as they started walking away.

While walking away Handong could hear the women behind her grumble. That's what they deserved. "Why her?" She suddenly asked, raising an eyebrow at the guy.

"Because she's not someone I would fall in love with" he said, looking straight in front of him. "That way it could be just sex, without feelings attached to it"

"I see" the blonde nodded, thinking about it. "What does that say about me? You were going to have sex with me, remember"

"You literally knocked on my door asking for it. So I thought you were like her" he admitted. "Turns out you're not. You actually have a working brain"