𝟎𝟎𝟒. 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

- ͙۪۪˚you ran away.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

mingyu and edward hadn't continued their conversation since they got off the train. they just continued on walking, mingyu following edward as best she could. it was warm. not like the desert, but a comfortable warmth, one that wouldn't make you sweat but you could wear a light jacket in. mingyu loved that kind of weather.

"alright," ed spoke. "i spilled my guts to you. so, what's your story?"

his question caught her off guard. after not having spoke for almost a half-an-hour, she found it to be an interesting ice breaker. mingyu furrowed her eyebrows, "what do you mean?" she asked.

"why'd you come here? it wasn't to help your brother with his search, you'd be with him if that was the case," edward shrugged. "so, why are you here with me?"

mingyu shrugged as well, "personal interest."

edward scoffed, rolling his eyes. "interest? what interest do you have in me? don't tell me you came all this way to find a boyfriend. besides, you're practically spoken for."

"that's not entirely true," the girl replied.

"well, what does that mean? aren't the princesses supposed to marry the emperor or something? bear his children?"

"if that woman is healthy, yes," mingyu nodded. as they were walking closer to the cemetery, she suddenly felt a heavy pressure of enormous chi, radiating from a spot ahead of them. "edward," she spoke shakily, furrowing her eyebrows. "who's that?" she asked, her body coming to a complete stop.

"who's who?" edward asked, looking ahead of them. then, he also came to a complete stop, staring in shock at the man standing in the cemetery. "hohenheim."

mingyu didn't say anything, she figured there was a reason edward's heart race increased in a terrible way because of the man.

"come on," edward spoke, walking ahead to where the man was standing. mingyu couldn't help but sigh, reluctantly following the blond.

she hated feeling like she was intruding, she hated uncomfortable silences and those awkward moments between people where they're just waiting for the other person to speak first. that's exactly where she was right now. cast behind edward, her head just barely peeking over his shoulder as the boy stood before his father, over his mother's grave.

"hello, edward," the man was the first to speak. "you appear to have grown some."

edward scoffed at that. mingyu noticed it wasn't in his usual bratty and annoyed sense. he was genuinely angered with the man before him, brushing his words off.

"i spoke with pinako. you tried human transmutation," the man continued. he didn't acknowledge mingyu, but the girl didn't take offense to it, she actually preferred not to speak to the man.

edward was taken back for a moment, before he only gave another annoyed scoff, "what makes you think you can show up like this? there's nothing left for you here anymore!"