𝟎𝟎𝟔. 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

- ͙۪۪˚she needs you right now.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

"ling, we have to move," mingyu said as her brother lifted lan fan's body, hoisting the girl over his shoulder.

"i know, ming," he replied anxiously.

the man from before made it to the roof with them, holding his swords in his hands still. "if you thought you could escape from me that easily, i'm afraid you'll find you're surely mistaken!" he grunted as he leaned forward to attack ling. mingyu moved in front of her brother to counter attack, giving ling time to recompose himself.

they switched positions, so ling could combat the man while mingyu assisted when he'd occasionally turn his attention to her instead of ling. "i see you're no strangers to combat," he muttered as mingyu dashed behind him. he quickly turned around, grabbing the girl's wrist before she could bring her blade down on him.

"gluttony!" he called, and the beast from before came down and knocked ling back by his stomach, sending him flying into a nearby building.

"ling!" mingyu yelled, struggling against the man's hold. he tightened his grip, bending her hand backwards and making her drop her kunai.

she reached for one with her free hand, taking a swing at his neck which barely missed him as he pushed her back. her heart sank as she struggled to find her footing, realizing he'd pushed her off the side of the roof. she swung her arm forward, her kunai digging into the side of the building, just barely breaking her fall as she hit the ground.

she cried out in pain, struggling to catch her breath as she turned over on her side to cough, feeling blood drip down her lips. she slowly attempted to stand up, but she fell to her knees again, feeling an unbearable ache in her chest. she felt her ribs, inhaling sharply from the shattered bones and cuts on her body.

she struggled to grab the blades from her holsters, placing them around her body to form a circle, before drawing a pentagram array with her blood. she activated the circle, healing her wounds to stop the bleeding.

she was now able to stand up, but before she could catch a moment of peace, the homunculus gluttony was with her again, charging down at her from above. she quickly moved out of the way, and his body hit the ground, shaking and cracking the concrete beneath him.

he continued chasing her, attempting to grab and hit her, slowly becoming annoyed at her agility. she turned a corner, before shifting her body to face him as he walked down the alley toward him.

"what do you want?" she asked him, slowly backing away from him.

"the ishvalan, i can smell him!" gluttony answered, stepping forward simultaneously as she stepped back. she gasped when she hit a wall, reaching for another set of kunai, before using them to climb the side of the building. she used the roofs as her path to escape him, leading him in the direction where edward was fighting scar.

after some time, she noticed his presence fleeting. she tried to sense edward's presence, but it wasn't until she heard his voice in the distance that she knew where to go.