𝟎𝟎𝟖. 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐚 𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐭

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

- ͙۪۪˚so, it was you.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

"i'm going to spend my last moments surrounded by idiots," mingyu mumbled to herself as she and ling watched edward try and communicate with alphonse through the piece of his armor that got swallowed.

"aaah! conveniently awaken, telepathic powers! elric brother telepathy!" he wailed, waving alphonse's severed hand in the air.

ling's expression went blank and the twins turned away from him. "yeah...good luck with that," ling muttered.

they made so many efforts after that to try and find an exit. edward transmuted a hole in the ground and they dropped a torch inside to see how long it'd take to land, but it never did. then they tried running in one direction until they hit a wall. they never did.

they each held a torch, lit by the flames gluttony swallowed when mustang attacked him. mingyu dragged her feet through the water, trailing behind the boys as she felt her legs grow more and more weak. edward slowed, waiting for her to catch up. "yu," he called, and held his hand out. "come on, you're gonna get left behind," he took her hand, walking with her a bit faster so she wasn't so far behind them.

"this is seriously getting old. blood doesn't make for good terrain," ling complained. he looked at his sister and the boy, eyes moving between their interlocked hands.

"i noticed. and we're still not any closer to an exit," edward agreed.

"i'm so hungry," mingyu muttered, rubbing her stomach.

"same here. i'm starving to death," ling chimed.

their voices were hoarse from lack of hydration, and they were all running out of breath since they hadn't stopped moving in who-knows how long.

"as soon as we're out, i'll let you both order anything you want from room service. you can eat as much as you want, and sleep as long as you like...." as edward spoke, ling's body collapsed behind them. "ling?" ed called.

"i can't make it," ling groaned, and mingyu rushed over to his side, trying to help him up.

"don't tell me you're giving up so soon. are you that pathetic?" ed spat.

"hey!" mingyu snapped at him before returning her attention to her brother. "we'll figure something out, but we can't get back home if you don't get up."

"just...go," ling struggled to get out.

mingyu sucked her teeth, "ling, we don't have time for this."

"you spineless jellyfish! alright, fine! give up and die if you want, but you're not dragging me down," edward snapped at ling before turning his back. he took a few steps before turning back to look at them. "i'm seriously leaving you here!"

"ling, lan fan's waiting for you," mingyu tried, but even that didn't get him to budge. edward stomped back over to the pair, before placing the stick of his torch in between his teeth and lifting ling's body.