First Story, Raven

A/N: Ok, so I'm like super new at this writing thing, so if its bad, you have all my support to say stuff like "this is so lame" and "you suck", and just to warn you, if you tell me I suck, you can expect a "and you swallow" in return.(I give credit to finipint, cause she was the one who came up with the "and you swallow" thing, and the one to tell me to publish this shit. She also published this on her account)
Ok, I leave you to read the story. Bye!

Raven

Joshua and I help Raven down the tree she had climbed when we were gone. Why? Why God, why her? Of all the other people who are still alive, of all the small amount of survivors, why is she the one you chose to get bitten? It could have been anyone, anywhere, but you chose her, the little sister of two brothers, the light in the life of several people, specially mine. We have survived almost a month after Mom and Dad died, half a year since it all started. We've gotten so far, but all our efforts have been for nothing. Raven is bit.

I look down at her, my sweet little sister, in so much pain. Joshua takes her in his arms, and runs back into the nearest building, which is a bookstore. He lays her on the ground, facing the ceiling. I see tears in her eyes. I kneel down and gently put her head on my lap. She looks up at me. Her eyes, deep green, are full of thoughts, dreams and memories. She has such beautiful eyes, I get lost in them, and at the same time I get lost in the memories.

I had just turned six years old, Joshua was eight and a half. It was a rainy night, and our parents were taking us to Uncle Jack's on their way to the hospital.

"I hope it's a girl" I said during the car ride, "We could be her big overprotective brothers."

"Yeah" Joshua agreed, "It would be fun. I can teach her how to ride a bicycle, and you, Hunter, can teach her how to do origami." He said, looking at me.

"Wow, I didn't thought you guys would be so happy about it" Dad laughed "Most kids usually hate it when a sibling comes along. Me, for example, didn't want to have Uncle Jack in the house."

"Well, we're not like most kids" Joshua said.

"So...", Mom started, beads of sweat across her forehead "if it's a girl, what would you name her?"

I took a glance at Joshua, who was already looking at me. We had been secretly discussing names for our sibling.

"Raven" we said at the same time.

"Very well" Mom said, "But what if it's a boy?"

"Then you choose" Joshua said.

"I like the name Nathan" I said quietly.

"Yeah, I like it too, darling" Mom replied.

"Joshy, Hunty, am I gonna die?" Raven whispers sadly.

"No Rave, no, you're gonna be okay, you're gonna get better, ain't going to turn. You still have to grow up, live your life" Joshua tells her trying to hide his tears.

The next morning, we got a phone call from the hospital. Our little sister, Raven, had been born.

Almost a year later, Raven and I were playing on the garden. It started to rain, so I picked her up and ran towards the house. We were halfway there, when she slipped out of my arms. Thank goodness I was pretty short for my age, or else she could've gotten seriously hurt. I turned around so quickly I saw her hit the ground. I was so shocked, I couldn't move. The next event shocked me even more. She stood up. Just like that, she was on two feet and slowly walking towards me, arms spread, as if wanting a hug. As soon as I could react, she was in my arms again, and I was trotting through the grass calling out for Mom. When I told her what happened, she didn't punish me. I only had to promise her that I would be more careful with Raven, which was fine with me. Mom made sure Raven was okay, and luckily she was. As soon as Mom placed her on the floor, she stood up and started walking in circles. The look on Mom's face: priceless.