Chapter 1 I Birthday

I was in my lounge room waiting for the squad to the squad to arrive.

It was my birthday today.

I can't wait for the squad to arrive and play Minecraft.

We all play a lot of Minecraft together, and we never get bored.

The squad members are Mary and David.

We've been mates since year two.

I sat on the couch and turned the TV on, waiting for the squad to arrive. I started watching Tarzan.

About several minutes later, I heard the door knock. I grabbed the TV remote from the coffee table before me and paused the movie. I stood up and answered the front door.

It was Mary and David, both with huge grins on their faces.

They both said happy birthday to me, and I thanked them.

Mary and David were holding a box with wrapping paper wrapped around it each. David also had a medium-sized white container.

That must be my birthday cake.

I got David to make me a Minecraft-themed cake.

David is good at baking and decorating, so picking him to make my cake was an easy decision.

"Come in, come in," I said with a smile.

I stepped aside so they could walk in.

"Where should we put this?" David asked as he pointed to the present he was holding.

"Just chuck them there on the table," I said as I pointed to the dining table.

Mary and David walked into the dining room, and I followed after them. They both put the presents on the table. David put the container in the middle of the table.

"I'll go grab a knife to cut this bitch. And a few plates, a lighter and spoons." Mary said.

We all started laughing hysterically.

Several seconds later, we all stopped. Mary left the dining room.

David and I sat down at the table.

About a minute later, Mary returned with a knife, four paper plates, three plastic spoons and a lighter. She put them on the table. She handed me the knife. Mary sat down at the table too.

"Can I open the presents now?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure. Go right on ahead." Mary said.

I grabbed a box and unwrapped it.

It was a Minecraft watch.

"Oh my gosh, I love it," I said with a smile.

I grabbed the other box and unwrapped it.

It was a creeper.

"My gosh, I love it," I said with a smile.

"You can open the container now, Derek," David said.

I grabbed the container and pulled it in front of me. I opened it revealing a Minecraft cake. It has 19 green candles on it.

Don't worry, and it's not lit.

"Oh my fucking gosh, I fucking love it so much," I said with a massive smile.

I pulled the cake from the container and put it on a plate.

"I'm glad," David replied while smiling.

David grabbed the lighter and lit the candles.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Derek. Happy birthday to you. Hip, hip, hooray. Hip, hip, hooray. Hip, hip, hooray." David and Mary both sang at the same time.

They counted up to 19.

"Make a wish," Mary said.

I blew out the candles as I made my wish.

I wish I were in the Minecraft world.

Everyone started clapping and cheering. I grabbed the knife and cut the slice of cake. I put it on my plate in front of me.

"What size do you want your pieces?" I asked.

"Big," David said.

"Medium-sized," Mary said.

I cut them both a slice and put it on the plates before them. We started to dig in.

Several minutes later, we all finished.

"Who wants to play Minecraft?" I asked cheerfully.

David and Mary both said yes at the same time, both excitedly. We all left the dining room and entered the lounge room. We all sat down on the couch. I turned on the TV and the PlayStation 5, and we all signed in. I set up Minecraft.

"Survival or creative?" I asked.

"You're the birthday boy. You get to pick." Mary said.

"Survival then," I replied.

I made a new survival world, and as soon as it loaded, we were all sucked into the play station.